Re: Issues with Verizon Message App on Andriod Wear Oreo
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Dankees, maybe I am missing it but I don' know where your got the 6.6.7 version? "Download Verizon Messages Mirror Version 6.6.7"

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Well.. fwiw I found a copy at

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/verizon-vz/verizon-messages/verizon-messages-6-6-7-release/verizon-mes...

And gave this a try. The instructions did not quite work the way they were described but did get it to install. I was able to start the app on my watch, it got as far as setting the permissions - and then gave me a blank face on the watch and the app closed. I retried with the oldest version out there - 6.33 - it also failed.

As of know I am using the Informer android app which works well.

0 Likes
breeze512

I had an issue similar to others on this thread.  Just upgraded my LG G5 to the LG G7 Thinq, and had to reset my watch to connect it to the new phone.  Once the watch and phone were paired, no more M+ app on the watch, and not available for download from the Wear Play Store.

I did what was suggested earlier and it worked for me.  LG G7 Thinq and Huawei watch (1st Gen).  I uninstalled the M+ app from my phone, then sideloaded the version found here:  https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/verizon-vz/verizon-messages/verizon-messages-6-3-3-release/verizon-mes...

Once it installed on the phone,  I saw it available in the Play Store on my watch.  I did the install on the watch, and then updated the M+ version on the phone to the latest version from the Play Store.  All is working fine now.  I'm able to set up and push wearable quick replies from the app to the watch, no missing messages, and the watch notifications are working as expected.

Kind of a garbage for an app that should work out of the box, but thanks to the instructions I found here, I am back in business.

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Interesting. I was able to follow the instructions and install the app on my watch, it did "try" to start, got as far as asking me to confirm settings and then it just closed. Now when I try to open the app the watch goes blank and then back to the main screen. Maybe it's because the watch is a few years old. LG Urbane.

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like the phone app is will now send notifications to the watch again as of 6.8.5! Still can't install the watch app though.

0 Likes
BAN2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jackpot!!!! Thanks I was able to get the app back on my watch and messages are coming thru! Verizon, you should make this resolution post the first one seen regarding this message app issue, currently buried on page 4. Thanks again for the resolution!

Note: Watch is Fossil Q Wander

0 Likes
aprayiii
Contributor - Level 1

Did the app show on the watch as one from your phone or did you have to sideload it?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I'm begining to realize that Verizon has No Real Incentive to resolve this issue. Verizon is already making Record Profits by selling Samsung Galaxy LTE Watches. For those who don't know; Samsung Smartwatches DON'T USE Android Software, Samsung uses their own smartwatch software, called  "Tizen".  Samsung's Tizen Software IS COMPATIBLE with The Verizon Message Plus App. Therefore, there is No Incentive for Verizon to fix this issue; because they're already making a Huge Profit selling Samsung Smartwatches. The only incentive Verizon has to resolve this issue, is a Moral Obligation "TO DO RIGHT BY THEIR CUSTOMERS" (Ha-Ha!!...Gimmie A Break!!šŸ¤”)

0 Likes