Issues with my texts being received by others.
Pointles_Screen_Name
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having an issue with texts being received by others. The messages are not delayed but instead seem to not reach the intended recipient at all. I sent multiple texts to the same person earlier today and they did not receive a single one yet they received a message I sent via group text to them and others. They're on at&t and using an iPhone. I have also had intermittent issues with others not receiving my text messages on at&t but T-Mobile as well. I'm not using the Messages+ app because its performance is somewhat sluggish. Additonally mobile number has also not been associated with an iPhone or iMessage either where there would be an issue with de-registering since I'm on an Android (Droid Turbo).  When texting, I confirm I have sufficient signal and am not receiving an error message. The message shows as sent on my end.  I've also rebooted my phone today and even recently got a new LTE SIM thinking it would possibly resolve the issue but the problem continues. I did not have this issue as an AT&T user and may leave Verizon if this cannot get resolved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with my texts being received by others.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your text message working right. Text messaging is my main means of communication so I completely understand the importance of having them work properly.

When did you start having these issues? What phone do you have? Are you getting an error message when sending them a text or is it going through succesfully on your end?  Can you receive text message from the other person?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sorber

My service has been cut short the last few times I've made a monthly PMT. I can't turn off the receive text from my Verizon to me . hundreds of reminders that I have insufficient funds at this time its really annoying, I thought I should have had a day or so left for the last few months because I usually make pmts between third to fifth each month? This I'd an lg, android 4g

0 Likes
Pointles_Screen_Name
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this issue since I've had service with Verizon. As stated before, I have a Droid Turbo, I am not receiving an error and the message displays as sent, and yes, I can receive texts from the other person.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly value your loyatly and only want the best for you, Sorber. To review options on a Prepaid account best to call 866-294-6804.
YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details Ray. We're committed to resolve the messaging issues you are experiencing. You indicate that you do not use the Verizon Messages application (messages+), what messaging application do you use please? What is your phone software System version? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-117844/

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Pointles_Screen_Name
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was using the stock app and now Textra. I have had the problem with both.  Android 5.1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pointles_Screen_Name,

We have our tool belt on for you & are committed to getting your texts flowing as they should. I see that you said you are using a 3rd party app for texting. If you can please uninstall that app & only use the stock text app that came with the phone. What I would like for you to do is put the phone in what is called "Safe Mode". In safe mode, this disables all 3rd party apps that you have to the phone. You can use your phone like normal for calls, texts & data. In Safe Mode, if you are able to send your texts to others, then we know that there is a 3rd party app on your phone that is causing this. If the problem continues in Safe Mode, then we can rule out any 3rd party apps. Please see this link http://vz.to/1QU96qx for steps for Safe Mode. To take the phone out of Safe Mode, you will power the phone off & then back on. Please keep us posted on the progress.

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes