LED Light not working with Message on Pixel phone
DAVE_V

I've enabled the Pulse notification light under Phone Settings > Notifications > Configure Notifications > Pulse notification light.

I have set Verizon Message+ as the default SMS messaging app.

When I receive a new text message, the notification LED briefly lights when the message is received, but it does not continue to flash.

Can this be changed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LED Light not working with Message on Pixel phone
Snn5
Legend

You might try LightFlow or other LED-manipulating apps.  By default, the system may not allow further control for continued LED-blinking.

0 Likes
Re: LED Light not working with Message  on Pixel phone
DAVE_V

Yes, I did install LightFlow to get around the problem.  However, the Google Messages app that came installed on the phone works - flashing the LED until a new message is read, without the need for a third party application like Light Flow to make it work.

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thanks for taking all those steps, DAVE_V. Does the pulse notification with a more continuous blinking LED work when you have any new emails or missed calls? If you change back to the original default Messenger app, does the continuous LED notification alert you of new text?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVE_V

Jennifer,

I can't comment on the pulse light behavior with regards to emails as I have all email notifications turned off.

The pulse light does NOT continue to flash for missed calls.

The pulse light DOES flash continuously for a incoming SMS message when I have the Google Messenger app set as the default SMS app.

0 Likes