LG Cosmos Touch Text Issues
allyk86

So I bought this phone because it doesn't require a data plane but could get one if I wanted to. I've had it for maybe 3 months now and have had problems with it from day one. Dropped calls, partial texts, unopenable texts. You name it, this phone has done it. I went to Verizon to have them check it out and they updated it and sent me home. No luck. Went back and they replaced the phone. Still no better. I randomly will receive text messages from people that I can't open but I can see in my inbox as characters (i.e. boxes, triangles, squiggles, etc). Does anyone else have this problem and if so, know of any ways to fix it?  I'm getting really frustrated with Verizon as I'm a new customer...

And also, I've been told that unlimited texting should be $10/month...where is that feature at? I'm paying $20 for 5,000 texts! That seems a bit ridiculous.

HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Cosmos Touch Text Issues
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

allyk86 wrote:

...  I randomly will receive text messages from people that I can't open but I can see in my inbox as characters (i.e. boxes, triangles, squiggles, etc).  This is sometimes caused by special characters, fonts, animated icons, signatures, and other "enhancements" in the message sent to you.  It can also be the result if the message is longer than 160 characters.

Try dialing *228 option 1.  This will reset the phone and may help.  You can also call customer service (*611 from your phone or 800-922-0204 from any phone) and have them check to be sure text messaging is provisioned correctly for your phone.

And also, I've been told that unlimited texting should be $10/month...where is that feature at? I'm paying $20 for 5,000 texts! That seems a bit ridiculous.  $20 for 5000 plus unlimited Verizon to Verizon is the package; the other options are $5 for 250 (no free V 2 V) or $10 for 500 plus unlimited V 2 V.  Or if you are on an individual line, $20 over your calling plan gives you unlimited texts (makes more sense if you are individual, for the same price you get unlimited to anyone), on a family plan, $30 more is unlimited texting for ALL lines on the family plan.  So maybe someone was saying that for $10 more than what you are paying now for your text bundle, everyone on your family plan could have unlimited?

HELP!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch Text Issues
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

allyk86 wrote:

...  I randomly will receive text messages from people that I can't open but I can see in my inbox as characters (i.e. boxes, triangles, squiggles, etc).  This is sometimes caused by special characters, fonts, animated icons, signatures, and other "enhancements" in the message sent to you.  It can also be the result if the message is longer than 160 characters.

Try dialing *228 option 1.  This will reset the phone and may help.  You can also call customer service (*611 from your phone or 800-922-0204 from any phone) and have them check to be sure text messaging is provisioned correctly for your phone.

And also, I've been told that unlimited texting should be $10/month...where is that feature at? I'm paying $20 for 5,000 texts! That seems a bit ridiculous.  $20 for 5000 plus unlimited Verizon to Verizon is the package; the other options are $5 for 250 (no free V 2 V) or $10 for 500 plus unlimited V 2 V.  Or if you are on an individual line, $20 over your calling plan gives you unlimited texts (makes more sense if you are individual, for the same price you get unlimited to anyone), on a family plan, $30 more is unlimited texting for ALL lines on the family plan.  So maybe someone was saying that for $10 more than what you are paying now for your text bundle, everyone on your family plan could have unlimited?

HELP!

0 Likes