LG Revere why you no text
Shadow_Blaze

Can't text again this time general problem. Same contact I could text her last night but when I woke up and tried to text her Message failed general problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Revere why you no text
Not applicable

Shadow_Blaze,

That is terrible that you are having text messaging issues. I use my text messages all the time and I don't know what I would do if I was having issues. Are you having trouble sending picture messages? Can you send text messages to anyone else? Is the person you are trying to message having any text messaging issues? Do you have a signature on your texts? If so, try to delete the signature and test again.

Another option would be to reset the phone to default settings and retest.

Here are the steps to do so:

From the main screen, press Menu.
Scroll to Settings&Tools, press OK
Scroll to Phone Settings press OK.
Scroll to Security, press OK.
Enter LockCode???? displays, enter the 4 digit lock code ( default: last 4 digits of phone number ).
Scroll to ResetDefault, press OK.
Reset Default - Preference Settings will be set to factory defaults. Your user data will not be erased. Press <OK> to continue displays, press OK.
Scroll to Revert, press OK.

Once the phone comes back on please dial *228 hit send and choose option 1.

I am certain that this will resolve your issue. 

Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Shadow_Blaze,

That is terrible that you are having text messaging issues. I use my text messages all the time and I don't know what I would do if I was having issues. Are you having trouble sending picture messages? Can you send text messages to anyone else? Is the person you are trying to message having any text messaging issues? Do you have a signature on your texts? If so, try to delete the signature and test again.

Another option would be to reset the phone to default settings and retest.

Here are the steps to do so:

From the main screen, press Menu.
Scroll to Settings&Tools, press OK
Scroll to Phone Settings press OK.
Scroll to Security, press OK.
Enter LockCode???? displays, enter the 4 digit lock code ( default: last 4 digits of phone number ).
Scroll to ResetDefault, press OK.
Reset Default - Preference Settings will be set to factory defaults. Your user data will not be erased. Press <OK> to continue displays, press OK.
Scroll to Revert, press OK.

Once the phone comes back on please dial *228 hit send and choose option 1.

I am certain that this will resolve your issue. 

Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Shadow_Blaze

I Forgot to say that I fixed it(after I made this thread) by Taking the battery out while it was still on and letting it set then reassembling the phone and turning it on. I could text again. But your help was useful if this happens again and my method doesn't fix it so Thank you.

0 Likes