Lack of Customer service unacceptable
KRUPA

I went to my local Verizon store 2 weeks ago to discuss how I could lower my monthly bill - the manager advised me that changing the name on my account to my husbands name would lower the bill substantially because of state credit - we changed that day - I just received my new bill and it is higher than the original - I went back to Verizon to discuss and was told I must have misunderstood - even though I have a paper with the managers figures on it - and because I changed the name on the account I no longer qualify for a loyal customer discount - incredible lack of customer service and rude - I will now take my business elsewhere as it seems Verizon does not care about loyalty to good customers. I will also tell anyone who will listen to Never sign up with this company - Shame on you Verizon!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lack of Customer service unacceptable
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KRUPA We absolutely value your loyalty! What discount and plan did you have before switching the account to your husband's name? Also, what charges are on your current bill that caused it to be higher than expected?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
KRUPA

I was told that I could qualify for the 4 lines for $140 that is being offered at this time (even though I only have 3 phones 2 of which are iPhones) and with the discount for changing account to my husbands name (because he works for the state of NJ) the total monthly bill would be $113. I purposely went there to lower my bill and when I left that is what I thought happened. The manager even wrote out the different plan options on paper that I took with me I can scan this and send to you if needed - when I came back with my husband the manager passed me to an associate to give her experience - she had to keep asking questions and eventually needed to call into main office to make changes. I would have never agreed to make my bill higher and am desperate to get this straightened out. I did not even realize this happened until I received my current invoice for $209 - when I went back to the Verizon yesterday I spoke to someone (unfortunately I did not get her name) she stated there was nothing that could be done and maybe I just didn't understand what I did. Then she proceeded to go to another person and loudly state "Oh she's just mad because she didn't know what she is doing". She also told me that by changing the name on the account I no longer qualified for a loyal customer discount. Any help would be much appreciated and I am really hoping that I can continue my relationship with Verizon.

Thank you

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

To qualify for the 4 lines for $140, you must be on Edge or have 4 lines with phones no longer under a service contract. Of course, if you purchase those phones on Edge, the cost of the phones IS ADDITIONAL to that $140/month.

Since you have not given much information, I suppose I will have to make assumptions. One of those being that you purchase new phones on Edge which would be required to be eligible for that price you have thrown out. You say 2 iPhones, but make no mention of the 3rd phone so I will assume it is also a smartphone. You also don't say anything about a data allowance so I will assume it is a 10 GB data allowance.

$10 GB data = $80

3 smartphone line access fees = $40 x 3 = $120

3 Edge 10 GB discounts = $25 x 3 = - $75

TOTAL = $125.

THAT is for your service, which falls BELOW your $140/month you threw out!

You HAVE NOT paid for your phones yet, though. You say 2 iPhones, yet you don't say which ones, so I will assume iPhone 6 x 2 at a minium of $27.08/month. Let's throw in another smartphone at $25/month for a total of $79.16/month. That brings your total monthly bill for SERVICE and COST OF PHONES to $204.16/month. Yes it is higher than the $140/month you were hoping to get, but that number does not include you actually paying for your phones. Were you expecting to get the phones for free?????? Of course you could have paid for those iPhones up front(total for 2 iPhone 6 = $1300 MINIMUM) and THEN you would only have a monthly bill of $125 + tax for your phone service. Your phone service is STILL only $125/month + tax, you simply chose to pay for the cost of your phones split into 24 monthly payments.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
KRUPA

1 LG lucid we own outright - 1 iPhone5 we have insurance on - my phone is a free phone that I got when I signed up and does not have any special features and I only use for calling and texting a simple phone - your representative looked up my existing contract when I spoke with him at the Verizon store - he was quite aware of what I had and did not have - we had 4Gb of data which was sufficient - it seems now I have 10GB - he did quote 140 then 125 - then explained that by changing the name on my account I would save additional money because of discount offered through husbands work (NJ State). I do not expect anything for free and have not asked for any free phones or services. I went looking to lower my existing bill of $203 per month - I was given information from your representative that this was possible and would be done - I was disappointed. If Verizon cannot lower my bill for whatever reason I will shop around and see if someone other carrier would be interested in providing me with phone service. If my account number is needed for you to give me more accurate information regarding my choices then let me know. I am certainly not looking for any handouts just respect and consideration as any customer deserves.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is your representative as much as mine. I am simply another customer of Verizon posting on this public forum trying to provide you with some insight on your bill.

I am sure ALL other carriers would be interested in providing you with phone service.

No need to provide me with your account number as that will do nothing with allowing another customer to help you any further, besides providing private information on these forums such as that is prohibited to protect your privacy.

0 Likes