Left swipe conversations in Verizon Messages doesn't delete it
TJNoffy

In Verizon Messages on Galaxy S8+, Android 8.0.0, when i swipe left to delete a conversation to delete it, the prompt pops up and I click delete, but the conversation doesn't delete.  This happens more than half the time.  I have to go into the conversation, click the Delete icon, select all messages, and confirm the deletion.  This was an issue on my S6, as well.

A setting I can change, or does Verizon need to fix their app?  My guess is the latter.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Left swipe conversations in Verizon Messages doesn't delete it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TJNoffy, we want to ensure that these messages delete as soon as you want them gone! Have you tried restarting your device, then trying again? Have you checked to make sure the app was up to date? 

Another option you can try; you can go into the regular messaging app that came with the phone, and make that the default messaging system to receive or send all your messages. Have you tried this?

0 Likes
TJNoffy

To answer the original reply, which has since been deleted:

1.  The phone has been shut down and rebooted daily.  Again, this has been an issue with this app since my Galaxy S6, which I traded in over a year ago.

2.  I am running the most current version of Verizon Messages.

3.  Telling me not to use Verizon Messages and revert to the default MMS app on my phone goes against the idea of support, doesn't it?  I use Messages so that I can text from work via the web, since I cannot bring my phone into work.

Bottom line is:  Please fix your app.

0 Likes
TJNoffy

This reply is not of any help for the reasons stated in my follow-on message, below.

1.  The phone has been shut down and rebooted daily.  Again, this has been an issue with this app since my Galaxy S6, which I traded in over a year ago.

2.  I am running the most current version of Verizon Messages.

3.  Telling me not to use Verizon Messages and revert to the default MMS app on my phone goes against the idea of support, doesn't it?  I use Messages so that I can text from work via the web, since I cannot bring my phone into work.

Bottom line is:  Please fix your app.

0 Likes
TJNoffy

Here's another issue with the app, while I'm on this topic:  When Messages is the active, on-screen app on my Galaxy S8+, and I lock my screen, when I unlock my screen I find that the current conversation is almost always scrolled all the way to the top ( to the oldest message in the string) instead of being at the bottom, most recent message where it was when I locked the screen.  Equally annoying.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you submitted FEEDBACK/REPORT A BUG via the app to the developers?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes