We are having the same problem with our LG Cosmos 2, our LG Octane and our Env Touch. We have 5 phones on our plan and the three phones I mentioned all have the same problem. We can generally send and receive picture messages between our phones but anything from another provider 99% of the time will not come through, it just says connecting for a long time then it cancels the message retrieval. I have called Verizon SIX times about this issue and it has not been resolved, it's been going on since Thanksgiving, so more than a month now. This is very very frustrating and if anyone knows a fix we would appreciate it!
My LG Cosmo 2 Won't allow me to download my Picture messages either I have to tell the sender to send the picture message to another phone just to see the Photo and this also started around Thanksgiving something needs to be handled because I don't pay Verizon all this money to not receive mesages
There are several factors that can effect the ability to receive picture messages. May I ask are you having this issue with one mobile number or are you unable to download pictures from any number? One way to test the ability to receive picture messages is to send one to yourself, using the same mobile number. Ifyou are able to receive the picture message on the device then the messaging passage is working properly. I have posted some additional troubleshooting steps for you to try on your device to resolve the receiving messaging issue. They are as follows:
- Verify that text messages are being sent and receive properly.
- Delete unwanted media files to free up device memory.
- Disable Auto signature.
- Ensure that the destination address is correct.
- Ensure that auto receive is enabled.
- Verify that the software version is up to date.
Once you have completed the troubleshooting steps listed above, please retest the picture messaging on the device. Keep in mind that there are file size limits when receiving picture messages. I have the file size limits noted below:
- Devices that are 1X capable only can send / receive a maximum file size of 350 KB.
- Devices that are Rev 0 EVDO can send / receive a maximum file size of 500 KB.
- Devices that are Rev A EVDO, 3G or LTE can send / receive a maximum file size of 1200 KB, regardless of camera lens.
Once you have tested the picture messaging service, please post your finding as we are eager to further assist if you have additional concerns.
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport