Lg Lucid 2 not receiving/sending picture messages
Midoriko

I have had my LG Lucid 2 since November of this year. I have almost never been able to send or receive picture messages. I switched to Verizon from T-mobile for connectivity and customer service issues and am not particularly impressed. I have followed instructions in the troubleshooting guide and am still having the same problem. I have removed the Hangouts app and prefer to use just the native messaging app on the phone. Incoming picture messages display as an image saying "download" that never downloads. Outgoing picture messages never go through with the exception of one time in early December. Yes, my data plan is on. Yes, I have cropped the images to be smaller sized. Yes, I have restarted my phone. No, I do not use signatures. Any suggestions/help are greatly appreciated as this is extremely annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg Lucid 2 not receiving/sending picture messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

While the phone should switch seamlessly if both wi-fi and cellular data are on, some phones don't for whatever reason.  Try turning wi-fi off (but keep cellular data on since picture messages won't send/receive over wi-fi) when sending/receiving picture texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Midoriko, we're here to ease your frustrations. It's important to us that you're able to send and recieve picture messages on your device. First, let's make sure that WiFi is disabled OFF in Settings>Cellular data>WiFi OFF. You will then need to power your device off/on and test the picture messaging feature. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Midoriko

Yes, the WiFi is off when I try to send picture messages. It still does not send/receive. Now having issues with not receiving regular text notifications as well.

0 Likes
Midoriko

Have tried that. Seems to only work intermittently. Also having issues with not receiving notifications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying Midoriko. What is your zip code? Does this happen in more than one area? When have you last tried a soft reset, by removing your battery?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying, Midoriko. At this point we want to dig a lot deeper to get to the root cause of your messaging concerns. Please reply to my Direct Message that I have sent to you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes