M2M or Domestic?
bar13

I have the "NATIONWIDE TALK SHARE 700" plan with my wife.  I have grandfathered unlimited data (as a longtime smartphone user) but no text messaging plan ("pay per message").  My wife, who texts, just got an iPhone and kept her 500 SMS + unlimited M2M plan.  She occasionally texts me and I reply, both of which she figures should be free because her line has unlimited M2M messaging.  Indeed, if I look at her messaging usage on the VZW website, I see that messages between us are listed as "Domestic M2M Text."  Which seems fine -- I don't expect to be charged for those.

However, if I look at my messaging usage on the VZW website, the very same messages are being listed as "Domestic Text," which makes it look like I'll have to pay for them.  I don't think I should have to, given how they're listed on her messaging usage.

Does anyone know what I should expect to see on my bill?  I cannot afford to pay for incoming & outgoing texts at an exorbitant $0.20 each.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: M2M or Domestic?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

bar13 wrote:

Does anyone know what I should expect to see on my bill?  I cannot afford to pay for incoming & outgoing texts at an exorbitant $0.20 each.

I would expect to see you billed for every text message that your wife, or anyone else, sends you.  You are charged for every text sent and every text received.

0 Likes
bar13

Thanks for the quick response.  I guess I should be thrilled that VZW is charging me only once, rather than twice, for each message we send.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your wife has a text plan on her line that covers M2M texts - your line has no plan.  Her texts to and from other Verizon cell phones are unlimited.  Your line is charged for each text sent or received.  Seems pretty clear cut to me. If you are going to be exchanging more than 50 text messages in a month, with your wife or anyone else, you would be better off with 1000 texts for $10.  Or simply move to unlimited on all lines and don't count text messages.  We did that for our family plan several years back and I don't have to count messages or worry about overages.

0 Likes
bar13

It doesn't make sense that a single message should be treated in two different ways under one account (our shared account).  OK, maybe it makes sense from a price-gouging perspective.  Whatever, I get the point -- I'll switch us to an IM app and we'll keep our money.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

0 Likes