MESSAGE+. ERASE and RECONNECT message
gmartinsen
Enthusiast - Level 3

I started MESSAGE+ on a 2nd MAC AIR that I have.  When I went back to the first one I saw a message saying" This device has been disconnected from the Integrated Messaging service. Do you wish to browse your messages offline or erase all messages from the device and reconnect?"  and the only response is ERASE & RECONNECT.   What does that mean?  I can't get out of it.  Can I run on two machines at same time?

Labels (1)
Re: MESSAGE+. ERASE and RECONNECT message
gmartinsen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is the actual screen print of what I am getting,.

Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 4.23.14 AM.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to get your messages, gmartinsen. Are you using the same version of Messages+ across all devices?

PeterP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kenribet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message+ is a very badly behaved app.  On my three MacOS machines, it hangs in crazy ways.  I recently got so frustrated that I tried to reset everything.  Now my app shows "disconnecting device & erasing data" -- forever.  I want to reset everything and will be happy to delete specific preference files.  Which ones?  I can't fine the offending files at all.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenribet, this is not the experience we want you to have when using our messaging + application; we're here to help. We recommend that you completely uninstall and reinstall the application.

Trinette_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kenribet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

The problem is that the only way to "uninstall" the app on a Mac is to drag

the application to the trash. Preference files are not retained. If you

delete the app and then reinstall it from the Mac App Store, you'll find

yourself in the same situation before the uninstall. I'd be happy to

delete the preference files, but I don't know where they are. If you let

me know, I'll delete and try to relaunch the app. Currently I'm just in an

endless loop of "Disconnecting device & erasing data." Nothing is erased.

Best,

Ken

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 9:22 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenribet, 

We understand this has been frustrating for you. We want to make sure this application if working properly for you. Since we are having trouble uninstalling https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/install-and-uninstall-other-apps-mh35835/mac the application, you will need to work with Apple directly. They will have access to all information related to all the applications in their app store.

Jenelle_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kenribet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I'm afraid that I'm not really satisfied with your answer. This is your

application. You wrote it, and you uploaded it to the Apple Store. You

should be able to tell your users how to delete preference files so as to

reinitialize the application.

Sincerely,

Ken R

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 10:55 AM vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all the work you’ve done and the information you’ve provided, kenribet. I’ve raised your feedback about the app’s performance to our developers. I also took a deeper look into the Apple article we shared earlier. When deleting the app by dragging it to the trash, it’s also necessary to empty the trash bin. If this step is omitted, you will get back the same file you just deleted. We suggest trying that step, which will then prompt a new setup once you reload the new, clean version of Message + from the App store.

I’m also including information about Integrated Messaging, since one concern you raised has to do with the number of devices that are syncing. Please refer to the “Syncing Messages Across Devices” section on this page http://spr.ly/6588D7ZYw to ensure this second MacAir has not exceeded the device limit.

George_VZW

0 Likes
kenribet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't help. I have not exceeded the device limit. On my office computer,

I deleted the app and emptied the trash, then reinstalled the app from the

app store. The "new" app still shows prior conversations greyed out in the

background but is going through its infinite "disconnecting device and

erasing data" loop. Obviously there are files somewhere that I should be

able to delete in order to bring the app back to state 0.

Ken R

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 11:16 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes