Re: MESSAGE+. ERASE and RECONNECT message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all of your efforts so far today, kenribet. I wanted to gather some additional details from you to lift up to our application developers. What version(s) of Mac OS are you using? What version of the My Verizon mobile application are you showing when it is installed on your computer? Does this same behavior happen across all 3 of your Mac OS devices?

Joseph_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help, Kenribet. I apologize the previous suggestions have not helped.

Just to be clear, are you looking to completely wipe all previous message conversations on your Verizon Message Plus? Have you tried signing in via your My Verizon account http://spr.ly/6581DCyaP and deleting the conversations there? 

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
prp9071
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue .. and it is about 6 months later.  The app is almost worthless.  I use it on my iphone seems to work there.  The answers here are almost insulting.

sycho
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same exact issue. please advise

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
sycho
We don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Sorry for this inconvenience. With Verizon Messages (Message+), you can sync your texting conversations across all your compatible devices. Let's make sure that you're not using an older version of Verizon Message+. Is the software up to date on your Smartphone and other synced devices? 

To make sure your messages are synced across your devices, we store the messages you keep on your devices for up to 90 days. When you delete a message from one device, we delete it from our servers and also from your other devices. This syncing process may not be instantaneous. What steps are you taking to delete messages from this application? 

For more information regarding Verizon Message+, click the link below: 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
aweisbach1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anybody figured out how to trouble shoot this?

I had the same issue a while ago, and ended up just deleting the app. Today I decided to try to reinstall the app - same exact problem.

When it initially happened I called Verizon Help and they were pretty useless. They promised to run it up the chain, call me back, etc. and none of that happened. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Aweisbach1957,

We always want our application to be up and running properly. Sorry to hear that this is not happening for the second time. We know that your time is important and we want to help get this fixed. Just to confirm you are attempting to install the Verizon Messages plus application on two devices an are now receiving an "Erase and Reconnect" message on the 2nd device? If yes, what two devices are you attempting to install the application on?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
aweisbach1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am running the app sucessfully on my android phone, and a PC laptop. It is on my Mac that I am having the problem. There was a time when all 3 worked but I had problems with it on the Mac (it just stopped updating with new messages), and I then disconnected it from Verizon. I have never been able to get it reinstalled and past the "erase and reconnect" message. It never finishes.

0 Likes
sycho
Enthusiast - Level 1

is there a way to completely delete the messge+ app? When i uninstall and install again, it is not a clean slate. It has data from before the uninstall process when opened again. I would like to delete everything clean and try to install it this way. Please advise

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the response back. I want to be able to provide you with any steps that you might need in order to get you back on track. I want to make sure that we're on the same page. Are you using Verizon Messages on your phone and your Mac? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes