MESSAGE+ SIT AND SPIN OR BLANK SCREEN
hopworks_systems
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, I just restarted my phone and now I cannot get anything from MESSAGE+! All I get is a progress icon that spins. Sits and spins. Nothing happens. I have some functionality, I can go to other options, but all the screens are blank where the messages should go. 

I'll bet I will lose everything. How do I fix this??? If I lose my messages AGAIN, which I have several times in the past, I am moth-balling this app. SICK OF it!

HELP!

0 Likes
Re: MESSAGE+ SIT AND SPIN OR BLANK SCREEN
hopworks_systems
Enthusiast - Level 2

So just guessing that a group conversation I had just got too big, I am trying to delete it. So far, "Deleting..." has been on the screen for 10 minutes. 🙄

I will plug it in and let it sit. Hopefully this will lower the footprint for this app and it will function again. Otherwise, I will start fresh with the Samsung message app and steer clear of Verizon apps.

Why? Because if a conversation gets too big and breaks the app, then who was it that forgot to put safeguards for this? That's my point.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
hopworks_systems
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was it. I deleted that group message thread, and it took over 30 minutes. Now my app is working again. I'll just have to look for another message app that does not allow that to happen.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hopworks_systems, we understand the importance of making sure you have access to your messages. We are happy to assist in any way possible. To clarify, do you have the latest update available for Messages +? What type of phone do you have? *Joshua

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hopworks_system, we just received your most recent message that your issue was resolved with the removal of the large group message and are happy to hear so. Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at any time. Thank you. *Joshua

0 Likes