MMS Mssgs stuck downloading, takes long time to retrieve photos or MMS grp mssg threads
Ejsarro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over last 2 days my phone takes a very long time to receive MMS messages.  Photos and user threads get stuck in a status of downloading and many times I have to try multiple times.  I have auto retrieve set for MMS.  I am in service area, and this is new problem as I have never experienced this.  Have powered off and on.  Anyone else experiencing?   Samsung S4 user here.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MMS Mssgs stuck downloading, takes long time to retrieve photos or MMS grp mssg threads
Ejsarro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received phone call back from Verizon wireless.  This is now a known issue and they are working to resolve.  It is on the Verizon Woreless network.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: MMS Mssgs stuck downloading, takes long time to retrieve photos or MMS grp mssg threads
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ejsarro

I love using Group SMS and MMS to keep in touch with my family. Lets get this working for you. Is your phone showing 3G/4G when you attempt to download the messages? Are you having any difficulty using voice or data services? When you restart the phone, are you able to download the message initially?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ejsarro
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says 4G.  And no, when I power on and off, it will stay downloading.

0 Likes
Ejsarro
Enthusiast - Level 2

No data or voice problems at all.

0 Likes
TwinkleCarnage
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same exact issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. No voice or SMS issues. All MMS messages (picture, group messages, etc) will just say they are downloading for a very long time and then it will give me a message stating that the download failed. I also have 4G LTE data service, so it isn't that I'm not getting a data connection. I've tried clearing the cache and data as well as performing a power cycle. I've also tried downloading them through the Verizon Messages+ app to see if it was limited to the Samsung Messages app. The problem persisted in both apps.

Due to the fact that it is affecting multiple users, perhaps there is an outage regarding MMS issues and it should probably be reported so it can be corrected. I'm not sure if this is affecting anyone not using Android.

Ejsarro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact issue as you stated....just started a day ago.  Up until then, no problems with MMS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ejsarro

I appreciate the details you have provided. What is the zip code this is happening at? Are any other VZW users having this same issue in this area? What happens when you try to send an MMS to yourself?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ejsarro
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
TwinkleCarnage
Enthusiast - Level 1

If it's helpful, my zip is 03782 (but even at my work I'm having the same issue which is 03755).

0 Likes
PeteLanglois

Same issues here on numerous iPhone's, and Android devices.  Corporate customer 02155.

MMS messages do not work at all.

Sending SMS to more than one person does not work as the phone thinks it's MMS.

Moto X

iPhone 6

iPhone 6s

iPhone 6s+

This happens whether we're on the 3G or 4G network.  No voice or data issues other than this.  iPhone iMessage works no problem.

Edit

Sending MMS to myself does not work

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes