MMS doesn't work and it is not the device (possibly problem on VW end)
b1kem1ke
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think something in my text plan is preventing one of my lines from using MMS.  The ordinary customer service can't find the problem because I believe it is within Verizon, not the device itself.

SMS texts work.  Calls work.  Data works.  MMS (group and photo messages) do not work.

MMS>Data>MMS DOES work.  Example - Signal and newer iPhone works if at both ends since message is turned to data for the transfer.

Some reasons I say it's not the device, I swapped SIMs with another line on my plan and the device worked fine on the other number.  Something to do with ONLY the bad line/number.  Also putting the SIM of the 'bad' number in another phone shows that the problem is within that line no matter what device.

Not the SIM card, we went to the store and got a brand new one.

Have done many things we found to try online including multiple factory resets.  Cleared cache and memory, even tho there was plenty available to begin with.  Adjusted and compared hundreds of settings with a phone that works (my other phone on the same plan is the same phone).  Tried using 'stock' text app without loading any others.  Been on the phone and talked to reps in person many times with no result.

I think something is wrong with Verizon's text plan not letting these messages thru, but only on this particular number.  Customer service can't seem to help (super friendly but going thru their checklists only troubleshoots the device, not anything on the end of Verizon's network).

Is there someone that can troubleshoot my plan at the Verizon end, not just the device (which isn't the source of the problem)?  Thanks!

Re: MMS doesn't work and it is not the device (possibly problem on VW end)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, b1kem1ke!

We would be glad to assist with troubleshooting on the Verizon side and see what we can do to help you out with this. To get started, please send us a Private Note.

CelesteR_VZW

0 Likes
b1kem1ke
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I send you a private note?  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not to worry.  We have sent you a Private Message to assist you further.  This should show up for you on your account now.  Thank you.

0 Likes
melringstad

I'm having the same problem can you send me a private message to help me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for the trouble, what is the make and model of your phone? When is the last time things worked?

0 Likes
Dioden

So my whole family is having the same issue on multiple devices on all 4 lines, even on the brand new S21 we just got my daughter for x-mas.  I did a test with a group message with us all on it I sent 20 gif mms messages to our group and it worked until I got to 13 and then it stopped working.  It's like Verizon is throttling the mms usage on our lines which are on the unlimited data plans.  All my daughters friends have different providers with no issues, after reviewing forums and seeing this issue has persisted in some form since 2016 but we were not affected until 2021 I guess we should count ourselves lucky.  I never really noticed it that much since I don't do a lot of group texting but my teenage daughters have all got friends now with phones and it has become a major issue.  I'm trying the toggle of blocking the picture and video messages on all our lines one more time and see if it sticks if that doesn't work what is Verizon going to do to help me out here?  Or is the best option to switch to provider that isn't throttling our data plans that are supposedly unlimited.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes