MMS not sending or downloading
andreawestervelt

I recently got the Nexus 6P, and tried to use the Verizon Messages as my default texting app.  I used to do so on my HTC One and it worked great.  However, since the new phone, I can no longer send or receive MMS messages.  I know it's not an issue with my APN because MMS works fine in the phone's default messenger app.  I've seen other people are having this same issue, but then saw some reviews saying their issue was resolved.  However, I have tried the newest update and it still does not work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS not sending or downloading
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

andreawestervelt,

I regret to learn you’re experiencing difficulty with your Verizon Messages application. I rely on all of my messages to be able to be sent too. Let’s get this fixed. Have you tried to remove the application and reinstall? Any other apps not functioning properly?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Warkacner

I'm having the problem of where they won't send through messenger at all, this just started happening recently I believe after some sort of update but I could be wrong

Please help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Warkacner,

We definitely want your device to send messages as it should. MMS messaging comes in handy in so many ways and we'll work to figure this out. To be sure, are you referring to the stock messaging application that comes with your device? Does this happen with all MMS messages or with specific contacts/people? Are you receiving any error message when you attempt to send?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

RE: NEXUS 6P:

Similar to how we need to allow Facebook and other apps to work on our devices, the NEXUX 6P requires that you 'ALLOW' Verizon Messages permission.   Please follow these steps:

Go to  - Device Settings

Search  -  'modify systems settings'

Select - Messages+

Select - Allow modify system settings

If you have additional issues, please let me know.

-ALIE

0 Likes
andreawestervelt

I already allowed Message+ to modify system settings, that's not the

issue. The MMS problem has actually gotten worse with the latest update.

I can now no longer send or receive MMS on my phone if the Message+ app is

installed at all (even while using the stock Messaging app). The only way

I could send or download an MMS was through safe mode, otherwise it would

give me error message 97, or saying there is in invalid address to which I

was sending. After uninstalling Message+, my MMS works fine again out of

safe mode in the stock messaging app.

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 4:20 PM, aliem_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes