MMS weird numbers
User0217

I am reviewing old messages online and I see several numbers I do not recognize that I've sent MMS to. All different and from different area codes! The majority of the messages were sent in group text and some individual messages. I've looked through my phone and in messages and I cannot find these numbers anywhere. From the bill I was able to recognize one or two numbers in the group text I did recognize and I was able to pull up the message but these strange numbers are not there. For example I have a group text, one number I do recognize(my mom an iPhone user) another one I do not know, I look for the message with my mom and it was a group text to her and my sister(another iPhone user). My mom did recieve the message, but I'm not sure if my sister did, she had been having messaging issues before. There's another case where there are 4 or 5 numbers I do not recognize in a group text, and the one number I do recognize, I pull up the message and they are in fact all iPhone users, my mom and sister included in this message as well! This is so bazaar to me! I even called one of the unknown numbers, an I have no clue who this person is and they do not know me! It's kinda scary on both ends and making me look like a liar and a cheater! I've called verizon and they can't help me understand either. I have an s6 edge, is it my phone or the iPhone users I'm sending to? They are all with other serivces as well (Sprint and At&t) ,not with Verizon. Please help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS weird numbers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seeing strange numbers on a group message would be a huge concern to me as well, User0217. We're here to help in any way possible. Had the messages in question been initiated by you or another party?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bojovnik

I've been receiving a group text of some 20 numbers, usually written in Cyrillic. None of which I'm familiar with. None of which, I initiated. When I send group replies to ask to be taken off the list, I get different responses. The main people to initiate the texts for me don't know me or how I got there. Their numbers are from various places like Washington and Florida. Others claim that I'm initiating the group texts and want me to stop. One person who I communicated also gets the group texts and claimed that one number was the origin. Another number receives none of the group messages but gets my replies.

This seems just too weird and inconsistent to be a case of mistaken texting. I wonder if it's a network issue. I have not taken a poll of what provider everyone has.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly strange Peter. You can be certain that this has nothing to do with the network, as any entries for a text group message must be done manually. You should be able to delete this group and that may stop the messages. Perhaps one the people in that group has your name listed in his/her addressed book as one of his/her contacts and is including your number on the group messages. If this is the case, you will continue to receive the message until that person stops including your name in the group.

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
User0217

It shows that I sent the group mmessaf but like i said when I look at it on my phone at the message I sent it to people that I know of.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UTionnaB,VZWis is very odd that youVZWSupportages to one particular number and it shows another. What make and model phone do you have? Do you find that this is only happening when you send group messages to iPhone users?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
User0217

I have a Galaxy S6 edge. Yes they all seem to be iphone users, but this only happens sometimes when I send a group message to them. They are family so we talk very frequently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We all like to send and receive group messages, User0217.  Have you tried initiating a new group message to see if this is still occurring in the replies? Is your family with the iPhones experiencing the same issue?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
User0217

These were isolated incidences. I can't even find a message with these stanger numbers that I've supposedly sent a group message too anywhere in my phone, the only group message I have(on the same day) is a group message that I sent to the family members to their correct numbers. I've sent messages before and after this and these couple incidences are the only place I've seen it, so far. I haven't checked with them about this. Just very weird to me and being that they are all iPhone users under a different serivce provider could be an issue on the other providers end or just an iPhone glitch that month?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

User0217,

I can imagine the surprise to have different numbers in group messages. Could this be where a person (someone you know) is sending a group message out and they are people who are recieivng the message as well. Maybe friends of your friends? I know I receive group messages lots of times and there are numbers in there I do not know.

RobinD_VZW