Managing or Editing/adding contacts in Messages+
NOMADPLAYER
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do we manage contacts in PC or iPhone app Messages+, if you are NOT a Verizon cloud user??

Thanks in advance for any help!

J.Lane

0 Likes
Re: Managing or Editing/adding contacts in Messages+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NOMADPLAYER,

Making sure you can use have access to your contacts when you need them is a big deal. We don't want to see any issues with that. We'll be glad to help. The main way to do that online is through the Verizon Cloud/your online account. This can be done with a free profile though. As for on the iPhone app, that would normally just use the phone's contacts. What issues are you having with those?

-Andrew

0 Likes
NOMADPLAYER
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry for the delay getting back to your response. The iPhone message+  accesses my contacts perfectly. My PC is where I have problems. I had uninstalled VC when they started charging for space, not realizing that I should keep it for contact management. Seems to me in the old version Message+, you could edit your contacts in that app, and then they would be sync'd to the cloud. I may be wrong and thinking of another app, but.....IDK. Still I reinstalled VC to verify that the contact list there has the entries I am not seeing on my PC and they ARE there. I have tried resyncing etc. but to no avail. "Contact not found" in the app on PC. Now I know I'm not doing something simple, so, I'm wide open to be corrected. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

-Joe aka NomadPlayer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
~Aaron
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The contact on the PC should be syncing automatically with the device. When you receive a new message, you don't see the contact name like on your phone? The PC app is just an image of what you see on the device. ~Aaron

0 Likes
NOMADPLAYER
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you say syncing with the "device" what device are you referencing?? I get e "#" instead of a name  or initial in the icon for the message. The telephone number show in the message but it cannot find the contact anywhere.  Her name appears fine on my iphone as she is in my address book on the phone. The contact is in my cloud contacts. Now her phone message is originating, coming out of,  the apple imessage world while all the others in the thread, which I see fine are droids hence sms/mms originating. Is that a factor?? Hmmmmm!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Message+ with sync contacts with the current device that application is open on. This would explain why the contacts are not appearing with your computer, but do with your iPhone since the app with ask permission to access your Apple Contacts app. The Message+ app on your computer can do the same with other applicable address book information on the computer, but can also sync contacts with the Verizon Cloud across multiple devices. The Verizon Cloud would allow the contacts on your iPhone to sync to the computer and any other device using your Verizon Cloud. *Zaak

0 Likes
NOMADPLAYER
Enthusiast - Level 3

Zaak,

I have a conversation thread on my PC  that has 4 participants. I see contact names for three of them. The fourth, I only see her telephone number. All of them are in my VC contact file.  Who, what device,  is my PC Message+ syncing with to get those names and how can I edit that contact file to include the fourth person?  Thx in advance!!

Joe

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you able to save their contact as an email though your computer to help see if this allows the contact to be saved? *Jose

0 Likes
NOMADPLAYER
Enthusiast - Level 3

The message contact info is saved. If I try to write a new message I will see the contact, No name! It is only the number twice, where the number is and where the name should be.  Instead there is a "#" in the icon circle. Now this telephone number is present in all my contact files everywhere with her name present. And on my iPhone her name shows fine. But unlike previous versions of M+, I cannot edit/manage contacts in the PC M+ app as far as I can tell, and if this is supposed to be a mirror image of what I see on the iPhone as another tech as suggested, something is NOT pushing properly!! 

0 Likes