Mandatory security update (?)
tjcjohnson

I just received the following text message:

(VZW FREE MSG) VZW ACCOUNT:

Mandatory security update required, please validate your details:

mobile.updatever2016/us./billing/?id=0012401[my cell number]

The originating number is [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Any insights?

Many thanks.

T

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mandatory security update (?)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are assuming right debgram1. This is not a message we at Verizon Wireless would send out to our customers. Your account security is very important to us. Please use the following link to forward your text message over to us http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phishing-faqs/ .

Thanks in advance.
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tjcjohnson,

Oh my. That is a strange one. Let's uncover the mystery. Please do not reply to anything asking for your account specific information. We would never share or post that information or ask for your unless we are in a private setting. This looks as if it is a Phishing scam of some sort. Please forward that message to 7726 via text message to report to our Fraud team. Thank you for working with us.

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tarnow

I just got this text message this morning on my cell phone: VZW FREE MSG) VZW ACCOUNT: Mandatory security update required, please validate your details: mmobile.updatever2016.us/update

0 Likes
debgram1
Contributor - Level 1

I did too, I'm assuming it's spam, except where you have billing I have update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are assuming right debgram1. This is not a message we at Verizon Wireless would send out to our customers. Your account security is very important to us. Please use the following link to forward your text message over to us http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phishing-faqs/ .

Thanks in advance.
JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes