Many Texts Will Not Transfer To New Phone. And Now They're Gone!
Lipska

I've been trying to transfer texts from my old Z Force to my new Z (2) Force for the last week. I've tried Verizon Content Transfer, SMS Backup & Restore and I've tried saving texts directly from within Verizon Messages on the old phone and restoring them in the new phone.

I have over a year's worth of texts. Most transfer but there are a good number that just will not. After some digging, I thought it might have to do with "advanced messages" not transferring. That being a good possibility, I followed advice I found on another site that said to uninstall the updates to the Verizon Messages app in hopes that it would convert texts to standard SMS and standard MMS messages. But now those messages are gone from my old phone, too!!! Even after re-updating Verizon Messages.

Please help. Are those messages gone forever now!? Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Many Texts Will Not Transfer To New Phone. And Now They're Gone!
Lipska

The effected texts seemed to be from within a specific time range. Starting sometime between around December 2016/February 2017 and ending sometime later that year.

Almost as if a specific version of Verizon Messages was doing something different or doing something wrong that a later update fixed. And those effected texts are corrupt or at the very least were stored in a way that none of the transfer methods I tried can handle.

0 Likes
Lipska

Is anyone able to help at all please? I'm a little desperate. I only have a couple days left before the phone will be factory reset for my Son to use.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lipska,

Content and messages can be extremely important. Help is here. A great way to transfer content is with the Cloud: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/verizon-cloud/ What happens when you only back up your texts (for now) using this method? 

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes