Marianna Florida, Jackson County Data issues 11/1/2018
Mvwizz

Since Hurricane Michael our service is getting worse.  I keep reading that the service is back up but are business accounts getting throttled because Verizon is offering credits to people in this area?  As soon as you leave this areas tower reach you get full bandwidth and service again.  Makes little to no sense that all phones and data devices are getting 4g service but after doing multiple speed tests in Jackson County and Bay county Florida average download speed is .15 mbps  1.2 g upload......  Kinda of curious how much longer this area is going to be throttled due to the credits being offered by Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Marianna Florida, Jackson County Data issues 11/1/2018
mama23dogs
Legend

It’s likely Verizon is using COWS, which are temporary, portable towers.  They do not provide the same quality service, but should allow talk and text while repairs are completed. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Data has become an undeniably needed resource in our daily lives, so I can see the reason for your data speed concerns. Speedy data is a must, so I am definitely here to make sure we can provide you the same great service you have experienced. Please shed light on how your calls and texts are performing. Please fill me in on if any other people on your account or any other Verizon users are experiencing the same data issue. What are the exact zip codes you are inquiring about? When was the last date/month your data speeds were consistently reliable?

Akane_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mvwizz

Phone calls work on and off at times, calls are 90% working.  Word texts go through, when attaching pics or media takes awhile to get or send a text.  Sometimes it will take a day to send a 5mb file in text.

We have 5 other customers in 32446 area code we know of that have the same issue.  We have 2 phones on the account here and 2 wifi devices here in 32446.  All experiencing the same issue, we have factory reset all devices, powered them down etc.  We have note9s, S9+, S7 edge and 2 midi units.  Called multiple times about this since the 10th of Oct.  We are on a 85 gig+ plan, and we have other devices out of this area and are working fine.  Last date it was working was 9 Oct 18 for 32446.

Hope this answers all your concerns.

0 Likes
Mvwizz

Still waiting on a response?

0 Likes
VILLER2010

Mvwizz,

mama23dogs gave you the best response. The Verizon Wireless Customer Support is the same level of support you would get calling into a call center. The call centers have such a high turnover rate by the time someone actually starts knowing how to do their job they are leaving a lot of the time. With that being said I have talked to some very competent and knowledgeable personal also in the call centers. Unfortunately I get more of the first type then the second.

I have been in the RF field for over 20 years thus far and the response from Mama seems to be a great answer.

Hope your service is fully restored soon.

0 Likes
Mvwizz

I guess then I confused that almost 1 month after the storm we are still getting less than 1mb download.  Sounds like a throttling issue vs repair.  I have seen these temp towers and after speaking to 2 techs in the field, no towers in the 32446 zip code where affected, also all repairs on the fiber in this area was completed 2 weeks ago. 

So let's go back to the first issue, Verizon offered all customers in this area free data and no overages for 3 months because of the storm....  my guess is my service will be back up to normal once that is over.

0 Likes