Re: Message+ 2.4.7 macOS auto-start... STOP!
GayzeStarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

This seems to be a global problem; I'm experiencing it, too, with Mac OSX High Sierra. When Messages + icon is in the dock, you can right click it, select Options, and there is an option to Open at Login that you can uncheck. HOWEVER, Messages + appears to ignore the setting/instruction and it always opens when I restart my Mac anyway, even with that option unchecked. This has been going on for some time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all the information you’ve provided here, GayzeStarr. You’re with the right team here to take the next steps. I’ve sent this summary and other information from this thread over to our developer forums. This is the team who can come up with the fix to this issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding as the team works on this for you and all in this thread.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Is the 'developer forum' a public viewable forum?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
AWORLDHEALED

I found the solution for Macs. Install CCleaner for Mac. At the left side of the control panel there is a startup button. Delete the entry "Messenger" from the start up list.  This gets rid of the problem for good. (Deleting the startup entry within User Accounts does not work.) This solution might also work with Windows computers. Have a good day!

0 Likes
wbeier
Enthusiast - Level 1

Loading another app to fix an issue with an existing app is not a solution. Verizon: please create a fix. I use many apps on Mac and none behave this way. A Message+ user should be able to remove Message+ from the list of items that open automatically when the user logs in. Period.

Ver_spi_son
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. Not much to add to the thread except that tech support seems generally unaware of the issue, and since my Apple laptop is not connected to a Verizon account, although I do use a jetpack hotspot on occasion for internet access, it falls outside their direct influence.  In other words, the normal Verizon tech folks are not the software developers, so they have limited solutions available.

The young lady I spoke with seemed genuinely curious about the issue, and I used this thread as evidence that I'm not the only one having the problem.  Seems to me that adding itself to the auto-start is an act of commision so to speak. Trouble is, it clobbers my start-up about half the time, and slows it down all of the time.

tpv0rtex
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. 

Could someone from Verizon support comment again on this thread with the current state?

mfowelectro
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK MR. VERIZON TEAM GUY IN CHARGE OF THE TEAM FIXING THIS.  I'M READING POSTS FROM 5 YEARS AGO FROM PEOPLE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AND IT AIN'T FIXED YET!  GOT AN UPDATE FOR US YET? ... GO TEAM GO!

rscully5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow. This is incredibly annoying that in 2 years this dumb company hasn't addressed this issue. I am deleting the app and also moving to a different wireless carrier. They are inept and disrespectful for not addressing this issue. 

It is not like they dont have all the money in the world.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are leaving us for this issue with our Message+ app. We understand that this app is important to you, and we will make sure that this information is updated to our IT team. In the meantime, you can use our web based Message service. More information can be found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-94861/

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes