Message+ 6.4.1: Messages out of order
DigitalOar
Enthusiast - Level 1

It looks like the Message+ app was updated last night. Now text messages are displaying out of sequence. The person I am texting with is also a Verizon customer, but on an iPhone.

Anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ 6.4.1: Messages out of order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here is the latest update for the issues with the Message + application:

Option #1

Please make sure your Messages+ App on their primary device (cell phone) is updated to the latest version 6.4.3

Keep in mind this update is "required" on all devices which are using Message+ App or client to integrate (Tablets, P.Cs) messages with primary mobile number. Failure to update all devices integrated to same mobile number is known to potentially cause issue with messaging services on any of the integrated devices.

Option #2

If you choose to not use the new Messages+ version and prefer to use an older version or the native client, please follow these instructions:

Use long code 901-498-8400

1. Send "stop" to 901-498-8400
2. You will receive a message with a unique link that is active for 24 hours.
3. Open the link and click Delete Account.
4. The phone number will be de- provisioned from OTT and VMA

This will unsubscribe your primary number leaving you with basic messaging services (SMS, MMS). Please be aware you will lose all messages on their secondary devices should you do this.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jafazzini

Yep! So many issues with this update

0 Likes
RH22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. I thought my phone was hacked or something. I kept getting pins from Verizon cause I was refusing to create that profile name nonsense. Then my messages started coming in all out or order, if I could even message that particular person at all. Some of my contacts are stuck in chat mode and are not receiving my messages period. Fix this update!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DigitalOar I regret to learn you are having trouble with the Message+ application. I do want to help you get to the bottom of this. What device do you have? Have you checked to see if the app has any new updates?

AdrienneP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here is the latest update for the issues with the Message + application:

Option #1

Please make sure your Messages+ App on their primary device (cell phone) is updated to the latest version 6.4.3

Keep in mind this update is "required" on all devices which are using Message+ App or client to integrate (Tablets, P.Cs) messages with primary mobile number. Failure to update all devices integrated to same mobile number is known to potentially cause issue with messaging services on any of the integrated devices.

Option #2

If you choose to not use the new Messages+ version and prefer to use an older version or the native client, please follow these instructions:

Use long code 901-498-8400

1. Send "stop" to 901-498-8400
2. You will receive a message with a unique link that is active for 24 hours.
3. Open the link and click Delete Account.
4. The phone number will be de- provisioned from OTT and VMA

This will unsubscribe your primary number leaving you with basic messaging services (SMS, MMS). Please be aware you will lose all messages on their secondary devices should you do this.

AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
Kpence
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem as well. And the app doesn't need to be updated.  So what else can I do?

lguthrie413

I do too.  Really messed up today!  And my Messenger+ App is up to date.

0 Likes
VALWON50

This didn't fix it.  Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Look no further help has arrived VALWON50. We definitely want to make sure your phone is working right.

What specific issue are you experiencing? What phone model do you have?

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
Kormath
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize this is an old thread but the problem of the out of order message has been happening on my new(ish) Pixel 2XL.  I'm using the updated version of hte app 6.6.4, it happens with people that are not Verizon (unkown what text app they use), and with people that are Verizon with the current version of the app.

0 Likes