Message + App changing to chat / not sending or receiving messages
jurroppi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the last few updates to the message + app anyone on my account cannot send or receive messages to each other unless one of several things is true...

Both my wife and I have to do one of the following in order to send/receive each others messages:

1) Both have data and wifi turned off.

2) Both have data on.

3) either of us have data or wifi on, but wifi has to be connected to a legitimate network.

If I have data on and my wife has wifi on, but her phone is not actually connected to a wifi network, she won't receive my messages, but I will receive hers.

I have tested this multiple times and have seen countless posts that also verify the same issue.

this is an app problem and it needs to get fixed NOW!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message + App changing to chat / not sending or receiving messages
jurroppi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So this appears to be fixed after I did the following:

1.  Force stop and clear cache for Message+, stock Messages.

2.  Make sure all notifications and permissions are OFF on stock message app.

3.  Go into Message+ and turn off Notifications.  Also turn off any setting that has to do with MMS and Wifi.

4.  Go into Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Configure Apps (or "more" depending on your menu) > Modify system settings > CLICK OFF for: Message+

5. Click back on for Message+

6. Go back into Message+ and restore your regular settings.

Now it seems to work regardless of wifi, data, or who has either on/off.

I'm thinking the force stop and cache clear, plus the settings changes for the stock messaging app as well as Message+ is probably what did the trick, not sure if the rest was needed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jurroppi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So this appears to be fixed after I did the following:

1.  Force stop and clear cache for Message+, stock Messages.

2.  Make sure all notifications and permissions are OFF on stock message app.

3.  Go into Message+ and turn off Notifications.  Also turn off any setting that has to do with MMS and Wifi.

4.  Go into Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Configure Apps (or "more" depending on your menu) > Modify system settings > CLICK OFF for: Message+

5. Click back on for Message+

6. Go back into Message+ and restore your regular settings.

Now it seems to work regardless of wifi, data, or who has either on/off.

I'm thinking the force stop and cache clear, plus the settings changes for the stock messaging app as well as Message+ is probably what did the trick, not sure if the rest was needed.

0 Likes
radkha
Enthusiast - Level 2

In order to fix the problem and receive messages, try the following:

1. Upgrade to the latest Message+ 6.4.4 or higher client now available on the Play store- (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs) .
  2. You can delete your account by going into the Left hand side Hamburger Menu —> Settings —> Delete my Account ( under Integrated Messaging features) —> Enter your Phone Number —> Delete Account. Once you delete your account, you will start receiving your messages in the Messaging app that you are using.

To check what version you are using, go to  Left hand side Hamburger Menu - About

0 Likes
jurroppi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using message+ 6.4.4. Deleting my account will delete all my messages, so that's a non-starter, really just a bad way to fix this problem all-around. I'm happy with my fix, it works just fine and I didn't have to lose all of my messages.