Message+ App for WIndows: No contacts showing up
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Greetings,

I installed the newest version (v3.0.0) of the Message+ for Windows desktop and it seemed to install correctly. I have a few bugs that need some help sorting out.

1) No contact names. Just phone numbers. There is no link to the contacts. But strangely there is one person whose name shows up. The rest of the senders show just phone numbers.

2) The sync does not occur. There are no new text messages showing up. I can send without a problem but nothing shows up. I need to reboot my computer to get new messages updated.

I send a note to Verizon. They responded after several days and simply asked I I was still having issues. I said yes. No more response. In the meantime I sent another message to them and have also  reported the bug within the Message+ Desktop App.

Anybody have any ideas?

I would welcome a Verizon support response as well.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Message+ App for WIndows: No contacts showing up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing such detailed information and for completing the troubleshooting steps. As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too and we'd be more than glad to assist you here. Are you experiencing issues with other apps with your device? Have there been any recent changes with your Device? (e.g., new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Thanks!-Robert C.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thank you for providing such detailed information and for completing the troubleshooting steps. As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too and we'd be more than glad to assist you here. Are you experiencing issues with other apps with your device? Have there been any recent changes with your Device? (e.g., new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Thanks!-Robert C.

If you look at the reviews on the Microsoft Store for the Win10 M+ v3.0.0 app you'll find that ALL users are seeing these and other issues. It looks like the VZM Team released this app prematurely on 8/21/2021 without sufficient testing and have not provided updates nor explanations.

We don't have Sim cards in our Windows 10 PC's (normally?).

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

I do not think I explained the issue well enough for the Verizon rep to understand.

It is not a SIM card. It is software design.

Funny how v1 worked but v3 does not.

There is a button for 'Correct Answer" but they should also have a button for "Incorrect Answer"

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Letti001, we apologize for the confusion in our response. As clearly this came about with the latest desktop version of Message +, allow me to ask, which Windows software version are you currently using? -LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
joe2by2

I'm having the same issue and I'm using Windows 10, same as I did 3 weeks ago when i was using VZM Desktop M+ version 1.0.0 and it was working correctly.  v3.0 the Sender Name function is no longer working.  In contrast the Sender Name function is still working on my Phone indicating its a VZM Desktop M+ issue. For what it is worth

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to learn everything is working normally on the Message+ app on your phone, joe2by2! Is everything showing up correctly when you log into the My Verizon website to send texts? This link has the steps: http://spr.ly/6607JJa2h

0 Likes
hhggzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is now a dead link

0 Likes
gkursar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same exact problem with contacts not showing up.  Have you gotten a solution from Verizon support yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the information. What we recommend you to do is to clear cookies on the app, close for a minute. After a minute, try the app and let us know how it works.

~Maria

0 Likes