Message+ Group messages. Sending many single messages instead.
dall007

Hey, I'm new to android and Message+. I need help with figuring out my group messages. Currently I receive group messages fine, they are grouped as expected. But when I send a message out in group text, it appears to the recipients as individual private messages. I see a message sent out n times (n=amount of people in group chat).

How can I fix this so that my messages are sent to the group and not multiple private messages?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ Group messages. Sending many single messages instead.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dall007,

Thank you for asking a great question. I personally rely on my messages every day. Sending them appropriately is important. I'll be happy to help. What is the make and model of your device? When does this issue occur, is it when you reply to them or does it only happen when you send out a new group message or both?

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dall007

Galaxy S8.

I think I know what the issue is actually. So I found out the Recipient reply option on the top of the screen (MMS, Just me etc), and currently I think sending out and new messages and replying to old is worked out for the time being.

I think I will state for the sake of the forum:
-In the header of the group chat is the names/numbers.
-Underneath the names I found a text line that said "Mass Text"
-I tap on that and it sends me to Recipients List
-Switch Recipients Reply to MMS
-Select back, and send a new message. The chat seems to be converted.

I did note that without sending a message, it would revert back to "Just Me", so sending a message with the new settings seemed to confirm the group setting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dall007 -

We appreciate your helpfulness to our community forums! I definitely want to ensure that this is resolved. When you have updated the settings in your messages, are you able to send out group messages now rather than individual private messages?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUSRAM40

I have a LG4 and when trying to send a group text using Messenger Plus (yes, my phone and app are updated) not only do I have to create and name a group (which I don’t want to do) the recipients don’t see my number but a Verizon generated 588 number that no one recognizes and won’t respond to. I just want to send the same text to 2 or more people where they can see it’s from me and reply to the group, like it used to be. Do I have that option or do I stop using Messenger Plus?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUSRAM40, we always want you to have an enjoyable messaging experience with your friends and family. We’re here to help get you back on track. Before we begin, we’d like to ask a few clarifying questions to understand the real issue at hand. Based on your comments, it seems like there’s been a recent change to the application. How long have you been experiencing this issue with sending group text messages? If the recipients reply back to the 588 number, do you receive the response on your end? Is the 588 number different than your regular phone number?

Also, please keep in mind that you do have access to the LG Messaging app on this device if you prefer that over Message+. If you go to your application menu, select your LG folder, you’ll see a “Messaging” app that you can use. Please keep us posted on the results.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PDR2019

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S9. My Default message app is Message Plus.  I just created a Group name and Sent a test message to my contacts under the list. Tye recieve a message from a 588 number and not the Group NAme. They were reluctant to open the message since the phone number displayed was unknown.  I cannot find a way on how to change the phone number or specify theat the group name shoul dbe sent. No doc on teh Message Plus app. Very Fustrating. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the frustration, but I can shed light on what is going on. Message + will generate a random 588 number when in a group message with a user who does not use the Message + app. 

Has group messaging via Message Plus not done this in the past for you?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes