Message+ Invalid folder for VZMedia
decatab

Lately, the Message+ app stores the pictures I save to gallery to a folder under internal/download/(invalid)/VZMedia.  The app used to store the saved pictures under internal/download/VZMedia.  This happens for both my S21 phone and my Samsung Tab A8 tablet.  Is anybody else getting this result when you save an attachment from Message+?

0 Likes
Re: Message+ Invalid folder for VZMedia
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@decatab wrote:

Lately, the Message+ app stores the pictures I save to gallery to a folder under internal/download/(invalid)/VZMedia.  The app used to store the saved pictures under internal/download/VZMedia.  This happens for both my S21 phone and my Samsung Tab A8 tablet.  Is anybody else getting this result when you save an attachment from Message+?

On my Android moto z4 phone, Message+ saves pictures in Internal storage>VZMedia.  Your issue may be related to the Samsung Message+ app.  Maybe users with Samsung devices can test/share their results.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When it comes to pictures, you can't be too careful about where you save them, decatab. You have shared some great details about the issue. We would like to help in every way we can. When the pics are saved to the "invalid" folder, are you still able to access them? What software version are you running on the phone? How about on the tablet? -George

MB_DroidTurbo4Ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope we get an answer soon. I'm accessing my phone files (Motorola One 5G) from File Manager on Windows 10 laptop, and now have two locations of images saved from txts:

(1) Internal shared storage > Download > VZMedia

(2) Internal shared storage > Download > (invalid) > VZMedia

Any files currently saved from txt messages go into the invalid folder, (2). The oldest file in the 1st VZMedia folder (1) is 12/7/2021.

I want to be able to consolidate and have one folder, but I'm afraid if I modify anything from Windows File manager, it will affect the phone's ability to save the files.

Not sure if it's related or coincidental, but Android recently did a "Critical update".

Security update: version RPNS31.Q1.51.3

Android version 11, Security patch: November 1, 2021, 

System Update 9

0 Likes
MB_DroidTurbo4Ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Customer Support: Please see also my previous comment about experiencing the same problem on Motorola One 5G. From Google Photos on the phone, I now see two VZMedia thumbnails in the "Photos on device" section.

When I'm trying to move files from the phone to my laptop, with Windows File Manager, there are two VZMedia folders:

1) Internal shared storage > Download > VZMedia

2) Internal shared storage > Download > (invalid) > VZMedia

The second (invalid) folder contains the newly downloaded images. The original VZMedia folder (1) only has content prior to December 7, 2021.

Thanks in advance for any help/insight you can provide. -Michele

0 Likes
MB_DroidTurbo4Ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Customer Support: Update on (invalid) VZMedia saga...Using the phone's Google Photos app, I opened the older VZMedia folder and selected all of the photos, then moved them to the other VZMedia folder. I now only see one VZMedia folder in Google Photos, but the file structure on the phone when using File Manager connected to my Windows 10 laptop still shows (invalid) >VZMedia and VZMedia folders. Apparently for some unknown to me reason, the phone began using the invalid folder, and the other one sits there empty. Maybe some future update will fix it because it's annoying, albeit benign. Thanks in advance for any insights.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information. We would like to take a closer look at this matter so that you can get the most out of your device. To better assist please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience. ~Vic

0 Likes
MB_DroidTurbo4Ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear customer service. I do not know how to send "Private Note". What additional information is needed? My comments on this thread were as thorough as possible. Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you able to move the files from the invalid folder to the corrected folder? *Estevan

0 Likes
MB_DroidTurbo4Ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Estevan. Just the opposite. I was able to use the Google Photos app on the phone to move files from the original VZMedia folder to the other (invalid) VZMedia folder. When I use File Manger on my laptop to look at the file structure on the phone, the invalid VZMedia folder contains all of my photos downloaded from txt messages and the original VZMedia folder is empty.

I would love to be able to manipulate the phone file structure with Windows File Manger (phone plugged into laptop USB port and set up for "File Transfer") so that the phone uses the folder that is not invalid. I am afraid doing that will cause the phone's Message+ app to not to be able to download files at all, so I haven't tried that.

It's annoying, but benign and I don't want to have to reset the phone to factory default if I corrupt the file system trying to fix it. Maybe the next Android update can fix it?

Thanks in advance for looking into this. From the thread, others are experiencing the same phenomena on Samsung phones, as I am on Motorola One 5G phone.

-Michele

0 Likes