Re: Message+ Invalid folder for VZMedia
marc4est
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue, even if you rename the file, delete the folder and let the app repopulate the tree, it still returns as Pixel6Pro/Download/(invalid)/VZMedia. 

homeymojo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Has anyone figured a fix to this yet?  This error is stopping all my Message + pictures from being synced to my Google Photos.  I moved the Downloads > (invalid) > VZMedia folder to it's proper location of Internal Storage > Pictures > VZMedia and deleted the improper tree of Downloads > (invalid) > VZMedia and soon as I saved another photo from Message + it created the bad tree again and saved the photo to the bad path.  This is silly common Verizon

AZMango

Has a solution been found for the "invalid" VZMedia directory?  I am having the same issue. 

0 Likes
nhpratt2

I haven't been able to stop saved photos from going to the invalid VZmedia folder, but in Google Photos, I found multiple VZMedia entries in backup device folders. Only one was enabled. When I turned on all instances, backup from the invalid folder started working. It's scary to have the behavior change unexpectedly in a way that stopped backups!

0 Likes
Foxriverswill

Maybe we should just cancel our subscriptions to Verizon since this problem has been hanging out there for awhile and nothing is being done about it! I have the same problem with my LG G8 device. One other quirk I noticed was the meta data shows some of the pictures as taken on 12/31/69? Lots of precious grandchildren and great grandchildren pictures that I'm afraid will be lost since they are captured on Internal Storage rather than SD card and I have no way of transferring them to a secure file location. The photos will disappear when the phone eventually fails. Not a happy customer!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Foxriverswill and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are concerned to learn that you are having this experience and we would never want to lose you behind this matter. To confirm, are the photos showing but not even allowing you to send them as attachments to your email for instance? We are looking to review all options to make sure you don't lose access to your precious photos of your grandchildren as we know how those are irreplaceable.

-Candice

0 Likes