Message+ Issue
MICJES41

Why are all the people in both of my Message+ groups not receiving the group messages anymore? It doesn't matter whom sends the messages out (i.e. administrators, etc). We have 2 groups for our baseball team (one for the boys and one for the parents) and both groups have less than 20 people in them. You are allowed up to 250 people in a Message+ group. I have to send out a separate message to the people that are not receiving that messages from the group text. I could only imagine what it would be like if I had up to 250 people to figure out. Could anyone shed some light on our situation? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICJES41 -

I certainly understand the convenience of a group message. My brother is a scout leader and baseball coach, so I understand how important working group messages are.

Just to clarify, is the issue only with group messages that you start? If someone else starts one and includes you, does it work?

Has the phone recently gone through any updates? I recommend checking to ensure that your Messaging app is updated through the Play store.  If this does not fix it, please try the next step below:

If possible, Please delete both group messages and reset your Verizon Messages app using these steps: http://vz.to/2p0DtVl. Once the app has been reset, please try re-creating the group message. Keep us posted!

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICJES41

EricaC_VZW

Thank you for getting back with me.

The problem exists with a group that I created for the parents and a group

one of the coaches created that I am included in for the players and staff.

I was just recently made aware of the problem this past weekend that the

problem has existed for about a month. (Which makes sense now why it seemed

like some people didn't always understand what we were talking about when

we were together as a group). My phone itself did not do a system update

until the other day.

I have a current application and have gone so far as to ask everyone to

delete all the past messages sent to and from their phones from the parent

group.

As the problem isn't just with a group I created, it makes me wonder if

there is another way to fix the issue.

On May 3, 2017 15:30, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
albertor_vzw
Verizon Employee
MicJes41, I understand the importance of getting this figured out especially for such an important group. Has the original creator of the group deleted the chat and recreate the group? Are these all iPhone users or android users who is not received these messages?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes