Message+ Mac app and online Messages do not receive banking and other short code SMS texts
danny3413

How is this still not fixed in 2020? There is a community discussion on this from 2015 and one earlier too. I need access to ALL of my SMS text messages. It is unacceptable this is still an issue.

0 Likes
Re: Message+ Mac app and online Messages do not receive banking and other short code SMS texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about any trouble receiving short code SMS messages. Well be happy to look into this with you. Have you confirmed whether you do or do not receive messages from any other short code services? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Message+ Mac app and online Messages do not receive banking and other short code SMS texts
danny3413

I do receive it from some other services.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is a security restriction for Verizon Messages+ and is spelled out in the FAQs for the service. Simply put, the two factor authentication messages can only be received on the original phone and not by any other device that syncs the messages. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting all of your messages, danny3413. We are here to help help explain what is going on. 

Ann154 is absolutely correct that the messages you are not getting are not able to be processed due to a security restriction. To help protect consumers against fraud, any security code messages can only be received on the actual phone itself. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Sjer0904
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seriously mine is only for zoom tan promo texts but paying like$20 than everyone else Because my carrier is somehow losing these text messages is super fudging annoying