Message + Mutes perpetually.
DangerDub
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm still having the same problem verizon has failed to resolve for at least 4 years.

Conversations are randomly muted by the app and I have to constantly check my messages because the alert tone is at minimum unreliable and without notification text messaging is of little utility.  This problem is not consistent but the troubleshooting procedures that are supposed to fix the issue are obviously little more than a fool's errand and don't work.  This issue has existed on every phone and it's pretty obvious that due to the use of illegal stingray towers by law enforcement and criminal hackers Verizon's network will continue to be unreliable and unsecure.  

Furthermore, they also still allow spoofed phone numbers to ring through to their customer handsets despite congressional orders to implement prevention of hacking/spoofing measures such as STIR/SHAKEN by June 30, 2021.

You can tell its a spoofed number by the fact that when you try to call the number back and it doesn't successfully ring through among other telltale signs of compromised security.  It's too bad congress didn't mandate refunds to customers that were failed by their providers.

0 Likes