Message+ Not receiving all texts.
TCobra427

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 and use the Message+ app for my texting (version 6.7.7).

Over the last several months I have noticed that I am not receiving text messages from some contacts. There will be a group text sent out by a particular individual and I won't see it nor know they sent it, until another person in the group response to the original  text message. This seems to be happening with one particular contact. Now I am wondering if there are other texts that I am not receiving.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ Not receiving all texts.
mbrown009

I have seen certain messages not coming through. When I have to get double sign in for my Google Account or Verizon I do not get those messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TCobra427

We never want you to miss any of your messages. I personally keep in touch with everyone through messaging myself, so I understand the importance of getting this problem fixed right away. Since you mentioned this is happening from one particular contact, is that person able to text you individually without any issues? Do you know what text messaging app they are using? Does the issue happen if anyone else is the creator of the group message?

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to miss out on any of your messages. Let's get this figured out. When did you notice this issue start? Anything change on your device when you started missing messages? Is this only in group or regular text messages?

Alberto_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TCobra427

Sorry for the delay... this email was sent to my spam folder and then life happened.

I noticed this several months ago and then it seemed to fix itself. I cannot say for certain if it happened when anything changed with my phone; either adding or deleting any apps.

The problem has no gotten worse. It is happening with both group texts and individual texts. I have been switching between Verizon Message+

and Messages Google LLC App. this has not helped and has become a pain. Like I stated the issue has become worse. I noticed that there was an update to the app this week as I received a notice that the update failed to install. Since then I uninstalled the latest update and reinstalled I am currently on Version 6.7.8

Switching to the Google LLC App "Messages" as not helped.

Any thoughts???

Mike

0 Likes
katrinan_vzw
Verizon Employee

TCobra427, No worries about the delay. We are still here to support you and help get your messaging issue resolved. Several months is a long time to get this issue.I do have a few additional questions to ask to you. Are you able to browse the internet or using any other applications successfully?

I would like to troubleshoot the Messages+ application at this time. First, let's reset the application, here: DROID TURBO 2 BY MOTOROLA - Reset App | Verizon Wireless Once reset, please try to text the individual who were you having issues receiving messages and let me know if it worked.

Katrinan_vzw

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TREYSTER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use Moto Z2 force and Message+. When I initiate a group text, some receive it and others don't and there's no pattern I can find. Some iPhones get it, some don't. Some Androids, get it some don't. I can look at message info and some show 'received' others show 'sent'. The one's that show 'sent' didn't get it. If someone in the group replies, everyone gets the reply. If I reply, a few of the original 'received' are now showing 'sent' and they won't get my reply.

Anyone know what's going on?

SaintlySins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same complaint on dozens and dozens of forums across the internet; 

In the USA, using the Message+ App on any Android Phone, using Group Text will not send texts, pictures and video's to one (or more) people on the Group List.  It doesn't matter what phones the recepients have, some have Android, some have Google, some have iPhones and they all vary in age and edition, in both the phone and how old the Apps are in their phones.   

Further - if you have one person in two different Group Texts, they will get the texts from one group, but not the other group!???!    

Huge failure ... running for over 3 years now and not one person at Verizon has an answer????  

Another Verizon Failure. 

rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue...for over 3 years now.  I keep having hope that at some point Verizon will acknowledge the problem...but so far no luck.  I have screenshots to prove it...but Verizon won't admit there is a problem, so they then can't fix it.  Multiple times per day my phone receives messages that do not show up on the Messages+ app on my laptop, and vice versa.  It is not an Iphone/Android issue, and it is not contact dependant...there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it... 

Maybe if we keep bringing up the problem, someone at Verizon will acknowledge it...but so far, it seems unlikely.....

monkeelino

Same problem here ... on a moto g power, April of 2022. Group texts are sent or received inconsistently, sometimes response to one group gets SENT TO THE OTHER!!! Individual texts also sometimes yes sometimes no.

0 Likes