Message+ PC Backup Assistant pop-up
zltippett

I recently installed this on my wife's laptop and she started getting these message pop-ups saying "Get Backup Assistant, Sync contacts from your mobile device to your desktop with Back Up Assistant. Click Here to get this service."

I tried installing the Back Assistant, but this didn't help the problem.  I've been using this on my laptop for a while with no problems.  We are both using Windows 8.1.  The only difference I can see is that she is using an iPhone 4 and I'm using an Android phone.

Is there any way to stop this pop-up message on her computer?  It is quite annoying.  Otherwise, the application works great and she'd like to continue using it without the annoying pop-up.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Message PC Backup Assistant pop-up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zltippett,

Sorry to hear about those annoying popups. When do the popups occur? When opening the program? When connecting the phone? Random times?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Message+ PC Backup Assistant pop-up
zltippett

The pop-up occurs at random times. It happens when she is doing anything, browsing, games, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zltippett,

Thanks for that info. Does she get the pop up on her phone or on her laptop?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zltippett

This is only happening in her laptop. The iPhone is OK.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zltippett, Thank you for the details! When this pop up occurs, which options appear within? Does it give the option to update, close, continue? Is it more of an advertisement or requesting taking certian steps? Does it only happen when her phone is connected to the PC via USB cable?

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
bergerandfries
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this same issue with my Samsung Intensity™ II not connected in any way to my Windows 7 PC running Message+. The pop up occurs randomly, and it says "Get Backup Assistant: Sync contacts from your mobile device to your desktop with Back Up Assistant. CLICK HERE to get this service. CLOSE" The all caps text are the options.  If you CLICK HERE, it takes you to Verizon Cloud - Verizon Wireless  And when I look at the "Compatible Devices" on that web page, obviously the Intensity II is NOT there, so I'm stuck. I don't mind the suggestive sell; once. The repeat is driving me back to using the web.vma.vzw interface instead, which is a pain due to the constant log-outs.

0 Likes