Message Plus 6.5
Jobeth66
Enthusiast - Level 1

When the new Message Plus 6.5 updated on my Pixel this week, I lost the ability to have custom text tones.  When I go into the 'customize' menu, it only offers to change the background and the bubble type/color.  Is there a reason we lost this option, or did it move somewhere else?

Labels (1)
Re: Message Plus 6.5
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Does this previous discussion help? How do I set individual text tones on the Pixel?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Jobeth66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately no, I'm using Verizon Message Plus, which used to allow individual text tones but that disappeared in the last update.  That prior response was for using Google's text messaging app.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

How about this thread where Ekaeser​ solved her similar issue New update does not allow to change the notification sound

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

Jobeth66,

Customization is a big part of what makes Message+ so awesome. Let's ensure you're able to assign individual tones for your texts. To do so, you'll want to open the conversation with the person you want to assign the tone to, then click the three dots in the upper right corner and choose Customize. From there, tap on tones, choose the ringtone you want to set and you're done.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The app has been updated again to version 6.5.1; that version seems to be have fixed a few bugs, i.e.,

Re: Verizon Messages Tones selection missing in 6.5.0