Re: Message Plus draining battery
MRDOGMAC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue. I checked the version I was running by going to Settings - Applications - Application Manager - Message+.  I was running version 6.4.1.  I then went to the Google Play store and searched on Message+ and saw that there was a version 6.4.1111.  I installed that version, and the update fixed the problem.

0 Likes
blueyeqq1

messenger isn't just draining the battery IT is locking up my phone and making it useless I can't even shut it down

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to be able to get the most out of your battery when using Verizon Message +, blueeqq1. Let's find out some more details about this issue and get your battery to last longer. What is the make and model of your device? Have you updated the Verizon Message +? Here's a link that can help https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-39298/ . Do you have other apps running in the background that are using up the battery that could be closed? Please share more information with us and confirm you updated to the latest version of Verizon Message +. 

Thanks,

EdwinW@vzwsupport

0 Likes