Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
Johnmav
Enthusiast - Level 2

Earlier today, the web-based version was not populating any text messages whatsoever. I tried it on 2 different computers (one at home and one at work), and both would not load whatsoever. I just tried it again, and the messages did populate (although it happened very slowly).

Here's a question for the other people experiencing this. Are you prepaid customers or postpaid customers? I wonder if that has something to do with this.

RJMC

My internet provider is DakotaPro out of Tucson Arizona. I am located in a small town south of Tucson.

0 Likes
RJMC

Windows Version 10 update 1903 build 18362.295 installed 8/10/2019. 

0 Likes
JTinHB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, my contacts don't sync properly either.  They never really have.  A few names do, but most don't.  Looking through the forum, syncing on the Windows 10 app has been a problem since 2016.  I have had minor issues syncing since about then, but I got most of my messages at least.  Now, it doesn't work at all.  I recevied 1 message on the Windows 10 app today vs about 25 on my phone.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Contacts sync'ing may a totally different issue than text messages sync'ing.  Let's not get sidetracked here.  Doubt that where Message+ gets its contacts is the same place it gets text messages to sync.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

I will add to this ongoing problem.  Everything was fine with Message+ until Win10 updates happened this week.  My original Message+ was a carryover from the in place Win7 to Win10 upgrade, about a month back.  It worked fine, then stopped syncing a day or two ago.  Same problem with my new laptop, got the app installed today in the process of getting it up to speed with all my apps and programs and even though it got most of the of the messages sync'd, there are recent ones that are missing.  It is stuck with the same incomplete message retrieval on both units.  This is very frustrating and it seems the app is broken. 

jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Today, Friday, August 16, 2019,

I Disconnected then uninstalled the Verizon Messages app from my Windows 10 desktop computer (P9X79), rebooted, and reinstalled it from the Microsoft Store, then re-Connected it to my Primary cell phone number.

As Johnmav (Member) posted on 08-16-2019 02:39 PM:
"... the messages did populate (although it happened very slowly)".

I then ran my send/receive/sync tests again.

I remain disappointed to find that the Verizon Messages app still FAILED/FAILS to sync any messages, NOT from the Verizon Messages apps on my other Windows 7/10 computers, subsequent to the last successfully synced messages on 7/19 (7/19/2019) shown here:

P9X79 2019-08-16_a.png

The following confirms the same results in the Verizon Messages app on my Windows 7 desktop computer (P6T-DELUXE-V2):

P6T-DELUXE-V2 2019-08-16_b.png

By contrast, for comparison, the web browser based Verizon Messages page shows ALL messages associated with my primary cell number, including the most recent successfully synced messages on 8/13 (8/13/2019) shown here:

Web 2019-08-16_a.png

My previous post, Wednesday, August 14, 2019 08:43 PM, "The Windows apps now FAIL to sync to Verizon Messages on their web page" has corrected itself (or maybe just completed populating "although it happened very slowly"?).

Reviewing all 8 of my available devices/browsers, I have confirmed there has been NO CHANGE to the SUCCESS/FAILURE results as tabulated in my original spreadsheet matrix (current status shown here):

Verizon Messages failure matrix_f.png

jafauske (Member)
CC:[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

That was: CC to verizonmessages, at, verizonwireless, dot, com as an email,

as directed by @melissap_vzw Community Manager @vzw_customer_support

Open the Message+ app.

Click Menu > Settings > Account.

Report a bug

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I ran Wireshark on my PC to see if I could see the text messages coming in that weren't being displayed.  Alas, the traffic is encrypted.  I did identify three VZW IP addresses that may be the messaging servers, messages.vma.vzw.com: 69.78.95.212, 69.78.83.104 and 69.78.235.114.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for sharing your findings with us. We want to make sure you can continue to use the Message + app.

We would like to further investigate but we need additional information. Please confirm the following:
•Message+ just released a new version of the app (6.9.0). Verify the app is up to date.
• Please download the Message+ application on the desktop and see if the behavior persists.
•Please clear the cookies on the internet browser you are utilizing.
•Does the behavior persist with other computers or other internet browsers?

(Chrome, I.E)

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes