Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
cs94
Enthusiast - Level 1

@conniemmsc wrote:

I'm having the same issue.

We'll see how long before they fix the problem. They clearly know about it. 

We'll we can hope.  My message+ deal on my laptop quit syncing months ago it seems (I lost track of how long it's been).  At least, somehow, the order of my texts seems to be back to normal, otherwise all of my texts were out of order within each convo.  

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

It's Sep 2, 2019 and this version does not sync.  Old Windows (Not Microsloth store) version worked well until last week.  That version, at least, had a menu item to SYNC.  This one does not, nor does it sync.  What's going on?

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Supposedly that was fixed late last week.  Broken again?  Reminder - messaging is now a critical service for most people.

0 Likes
steveet

Since I had nothing but time waiting for Dorian to get to Florida, I decided to find an alternative.  After looking at a number of multi-platform text programs, I decided to reinstall google messages on my phone.  It also offers a web-based app that will allow you to text from any browser.  A little more searching uncovered a nice little windows, mac and linux app that runs as a standalone (similar to Verizon message plus) called “Android Messages Desktop” from a developer on github.  I installed it on both my windows 10 PC and it so far works flawlessly.  You can find it at https://tinyurl.com/y94cq8rlIt does require that you run Google Messages on your phone, so it won’t work unless you have an Android phone.

0 Likes
rpopeszku
Enthusiast - Level 2

pbug561,

I have been checking daily since 8-23-19 and the problem has never been fixed. Where are you getting your information from and why did you think it had been fixed? Do you use messages plus on your PC or Tablet?

There are a lot of people posting on this thread with the same issue. I havent seen any "official" reply from Verizon to anyone indicating that technical support is working on the problem.

0 Likes
rpopeszku
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was thinking about doing something similar. I have Google and Git accounts so this looks like something worth looking into. Before I try it I have a couple of questions for you since you have been using it. I assume it won't pull any previous Verizon texts so its like starting fresh, right? Also, will it sync with my phone contacts? 

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Last Thursday it seemed to work for a while. 

0 Likes
rpopeszku
Enthusiast - Level 2

I definitely checked mine on Thursday and it wasnt working. I usualy check first thing in the morning around 7am CDT but I am not sure when I did it on that day. 

0 Likes
steveet

rpopeszku,

I never really uninstalled Google Messages that came on my pixel 3.  I just made Verizon message my default when I first got the phone.  I just change Google message back to the default and all my texts were there.   Same thing when I installed Android Messages on my Win10 PC, I have all my messages there as well.  Contacts seemed to be sync’d to my Google contacts, which has always been my default and something I have never been able to get right with Verizon Messages.

0 Likes
rpopeszku
Enthusiast - Level 2

steveet,

i just installed Google Messages on my phone and the Android Messages on my PC. Everything seems to be working great! All my contacts are on the PC too which is something I was having problems with on the Verizon app.

Thanks for providing a great solution! I will uninstall all of the Verizon stuff and quit waiting on them.

0 Likes