Sorry to hear about the issues with the Message+ app on Windows 10, dexman. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers should be directed to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/ Our teams are engaged and working on a resolution although we don't have a time frame to share right now.
It's my guess that these answers are all from bots, since they are so perfectly consistent and absurd. I have been told by real people that they actually are working on it, but it does tick me off that they tell you to use a tool that's more broken than the one that we're complaining about. The web app is purely awful!
My idea is all the Message+ apps on all the devices are communicating with the same server handling the messaging. It is probably that server and it's software that is the source of all the issues. Too bad the engineers supporting the messaging server can't get the issues cleared up, assuming that is where the issue lies.
I'm already working with tech support courtesy of Executive Relations at Verizon on a number of problems with the phones in our family. And I did bring up the Messaging issues; they don't have an ETA on getting them fixed. But to answer your questions, we have 2 S8+ phones, a Kyocera Dura Force Pro 2, and an S9+. The problem we're working on - sometimes calls don't go through to our phones on the first try even though signal is fine. VZW logs show that at least one of the phones loses 'registration', then somehow gains it back when the caller tries again. So far we've swapped a phone, then its SIM card. The interesting thing is that the SIM card has been through a few phones over several years; there is a belief that the antique SIM cards are causing problems.
As to the issue in this thread;
1. Neither the Windows Store VZW Messages + app or the older Windows (non-store) VZW version properly sync up with the one on the phones - most of the time. Every once in a while they seem to work normally, then not once again.
2. VZW bots are telling us to instead use the Messages web app on our PC's. However, that has NEVER synched consistently, frequently breaks, needing frequent exit and log in cycles to get another few messages few it. IOTW, it works far worse then the PC apps. But it's needed, and badly needs fixing, for those of us who may not be able to install the PC apps.
3. This has been going on at least since August 2019. Still no ETA from any source, nor any detailed explanation of what the problem really is. VZW's main reaction is to remove both of the Windows apps (though many people still have the installers).
4. VZW has given all sorts of useless, or worse than useless instructions to affected users. In some of these, users lose their complete set of messages.
5. We the user community are beyond tired of the automated nonsensical responses from VZW. We are, of course, all VZW customers, many of us prefer to be such - except for this.
pbug561, I rely on my phone for everything, and I would be frustrated as well if my family and I were having phone issues. I am here to help and we can look deeper into this. Are you still working with our Executive Relations team regarding the phone and SIM card issues? If this is not one of the issues they are helping with can you please elaborate more on what you experience on the phones? SantoC_VZW
Still working with them. Replaced SIM cards on 2 more today. BUt I've got no clue who at VZW is actually working on the message sync problem. It's been going on since mid summer 2018, so the concensus here is that no one is working on it.
I've been using it since switching to Verizon a couple of years ago on all of my Windows 10 devices. This only became an issue in August; a few weeks ago, it miraculously and thankfully began working again.
Part of my spiel to get my friends to switch to Verizon is showing them the app on my computer. Imagine my dismay, yesterday, when they tried to install it on their computer and the application had been removed from the store.
DavidCisco, we are happy to learn you enjoy using Message+, and thank you for your loyalty. I understand you are now able to continue to use the service but the individuals who were not able to find the app, are they Verizon Wireless customers? DoloresK_VZW