Message Plus notifications not working
pjo2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an android, Galaxy S8. Since purchasing this phone a few months ago, I've had an ongoing issue with notifications from the Message Plus app. I see that others were reporting this in the fall of 2017 and Verizon has not fixed this yet?!?!?  Sometimes my phone will show a "1" on the app icon, indicating I have a new message when I have none. Other times it will show that I have no new messages, when in fact there is one. I have missed  number of important messages this way. Is there a fix for this problem, or can anyone recommend a better messaging app?

Labels (1)
Re: Message Plus notifications not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pjo2, I can certainly understand your reservations about ensuring that the notifications on your Message Plus app functions properly with your Galaxy S8, especially since this issue has been ongoing since fall 2017. You've come to the right place for help and I'm confident that we'll be able to find a solution. In order to ensure the highest level of compatibility, can you confirm that you have the latest software updates for both your Galaxy S8 and Message Plus? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s8-update/ In addition, do you experience any notification issues with other apps? Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pjo2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My system is up-to-date. I installed the latest update that was pushed a day or two ago.

I am not experiencing issues with any other app, only with MessagePlus.

Tonight I had TWO new messages and no notifications were shown.

pjo2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any suggestions from support?

0 Likes
TIGGERCHIC821

I have the LG V30 and I've been having issues with the message+ app as well. It stopped giving me notifications on my app, no sound notification and nothing on the notification bar. I tried every menu I could think of to fix it and nothing worked. Finally I just switched my default messgaing app to the stock one.  That app gives me notofications but it is slow a lot of the time and sometimes crashes all together. Its very frustrating.

0 Likes
pjo2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently Verizon doesn't care. Surprise....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how frustrating this must be for you. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
scott2732
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issues, all settings are good.  It did work for a few weeks but is again not working.  I just disabled it and started using the Samsung app.  Very frustrating, Verizon let me know when you get it fixed. 

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

@scott2732

It’s important that your messaging application is always working as expected. I would love the opportunity to address this application concern with you.

Can you confirm which model device you are using, and when did this problem begin? Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps previously suggested in this thread? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
djurad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue.  No notifications coming up upon turning on my phone.  Very surprised this problem has not been fixed by Verizon,  yes, I have the latest update.

0 Likes