Message Plus-trying to add GIF
TERTOM79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I just downloaded the Message Plus app.  So far so good except when I try to attach a GIF to a text message I continue to get a message "This text field does not support GIF insertion from the keyboard".  What gives?  How can I attach a GIF to a message?  Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message Plus-trying to add GIF
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Did you try tapping the PLUS sign in the text box?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy the features that our messaging application offers. With regard to the current application we do not have a option to attach GIFs in a message. We are always making updates to our services and products so this may be one that we add in the near future.

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

On my Droid Turbo 2, I have added .GIF's to my Message+ text messages by tapping the PLUS sign in the text box and selectig a .gif.  I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'we do not have a option to attach GIFs in a message'.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

TERTOM79, Just how are you trying to add a .gif file to your text message and on what model device?

0 Likes
TERTOM79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for trying to help but I delete Message+ and went back to the Message app that came with the pixel phone and so once again I can add GIFs to messages.   When using Message+, I would tap on the + sign and tap on a GIF but I just kept getting error messages telling me I could not add a GIF.  I got annoyed with that message so I went back to regular Message.  Smiley Happy

Rhfelix
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm right there with you. No ability to add gifs through the Android keyboard in a seamless way like Android Messages.

ALAMUR2

my Friends can send gifs through texting but I can’t.  We’re all on Verizon.  Why is that? 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It would help if you don't identify what make/model device and what messaging app you and your friends are using.

0 Likes