Message Receipt Issues
2poor2payattn

My wife and I both have Droid Turbos.  She uses the default Message app and I use Message+ from Verizon.  Up until early this week we never had any issues other than an occasional late delivery.  Now she’s not receiving my message at all but I receive all of hers.  If she sends out a group message and I reply to the group message she will receive it.  If it’s just a message to me and I reply she won’t receive it.  I did some testing and it appears to be the same the other way around (when I use Message and she uses Message+).  I also did some experimenting with my son’s phone having him send us text messages (he uses Message+ from Verizon) and if our phones had Message+ set as the default we receive his messages and if we are set with Message as the default neither one of us will receive his messages if they’re just sent to just one of us but we’ll receive them if he send/replies to a group message to both of us. It appears to be the same way with Message+ and Hangouts but I only tested that on her phone with my phone on Message+.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message Receipt Issues
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There have been four updates to the Verizon Messages app in the past few days.  Numerous issues have been reported on the forum, including the one you describe.  Several workarounds also have been posted.  The latest update was released last night; some users are reporting that it corrected their issues, while others, unfortunately, say it didn't.

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4

2poor2payattn

Unfortunately Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4 didn't fit it.

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

And still not fixed!

0 Likes
mathursan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please make sure that Message+ is upgraded to 6.4.4 on both the devices. That should fix the problem shortly after upgrade. You do not need to use Message+ on both devices, just that both ends need to have 6.4.4 or above.

Let me know if that does not fix it.

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me and my mother both use it and we both sat right next to each other and updated our app last night we could not text each other if our WiFi was off never had that happen before

0 Likes
2poor2payattn

When I manually updated my phone last night it still didn't fix the problem but when my wife's phone automatically updated overnight it now work.  Thanks!

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you get the "chat" or "sms" when it pops up chat when I try to text my friend I won't receive her texts until my WiFi is back on

0 Likes
mathursan
Enthusiast - Level 2

dtheresa - do you have a "second" device e.g. a tablet or iPad or a PC/Mac connected to your messaging account ?

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope all I have is my phone and while I was texting my mother earlier it would switch back and forth from "chat" to "sms" yesterday I couldn't receive texts from a friend until I was connected to wifi never been a problem before

0 Likes