Re: Message+ Sync has stopped on all devices as of 7-Oct
ROBMER65

Software is up to date on all android tablets and windows PC's. Reinstalled then repaired PC version just in case. Still not input. Accessing web link to use online messaging does not work. Also Chrome never displays the screen, just sits their refreshing. Firefox seems to have other issues but this may be my issue. Explorer works. Using explorer shows no new messages since the 7th of October, consistent with the tablets. Looping a  new text from my phone works to the phone. Sending address reported correctly as my phone number.No updates to other instances. Using Web app, I can send a message; however, the phone reports "No Sender Address Available" error so one does not know who is sending. using message plus on PC, text sent, again phone reports no sending address provided. After sending a new message from PC Message Plus, the history shows my web appl. message but no other message nor can I reply to them as they have no sender address. I still don't get phone or external texts by default, only the phone.

0 Likes
ROBMER65

Additionally, in checking on the Microsoft Store for the Message application, there are comments about the broad failure of the applications and receiving/sending text messages just as is being reported here. So this issue seems to be fairly broad based.

0 Likes
ROBMER65

to be clear in my main update report, only the web app is showing any message history. none of the PC or Android apps receive anything.

0 Likes
STELER9
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far I have posted several times here and they have not responded to me.  Every person who Verizon has responded to has been treated as an isolated issue asking latest version have you tried the website version, ...  Clearly there is a bigger issue here.  My messages received were sporadic with the last 10/15 evening.  Nothing since.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

INTELLIGATOR-

Messaging is my #1 form of communication, so I certainly want to make sure that you are able to use Verizon Messages flawlessly. You mentioned in your post that you are using the app to send from your Android phone that does not have the same number as your Verizon phone, which is awesome. Around the 13th, do you remember making any changes to your device (new software, new apps, etc)? Is Verizon Messages working on your Verizon phone adaquately?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STELER9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon please see all messages and escalate because the issue is broad.   Thank you.

DARISZYM

For me it stopped working on or about 10/13.  Neither Message+ on desktop nor Web app on laptop shows recent incoming messages that I can see on my phone.  Not sure exact date/time - but recently I upgraded to newest IOS version on mine IPhone 5s, and I checked - iMessages are turned off on mine iphone.  Seeing that messages are not synced either to Message+ or Web app, I would think issue is on messaging server, but not sure about it.  I still can send messages from Message+, but cannot see any replies.

0 Likes
Ahllaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Three different Verizon customer support representative have weighed in on this post so far. This is a sure sign that the issue is stuck at the level where they piss in the customers' ears and basically say "try this, try that, it must be your fault". How about kicking this up the chain already to some engineers who can really address the problem.

It is absolutely ridiculous how Verizon has decided to build a quagmire rather than provide real customer support. Keep posting everyone, maybe we can overload their servers or at least use up so many resources that it becomes worth their while to actually admit there is a problem on their end and fix it.

mstricklernj
Enthusiast - Level 2

To Verizon:

Issue Started Oct 13th. Clearly there is a software issue and you need to provide an update to all users. Revert back the changes in an update and then see if the issue is resolved. Then work on narrow down the issue within your update before rolling this back out. It is causing it a number of issues for all users. I can at least narrow this down, a multi media message will come through however any other normal text (Not multi media) is not coming through. Basically it will go through off the web app, but the messages are not being synced from devices. It worked completely fine prior to what ever you did on the 13th into the 14th. Some messages are coming through for specific #'s but not on others. Revert the software update, go back to development and test then re issue. This is too much of an issue and broad to numerous users for your IT group not to react quickly.

Thanks.

mstricklernj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh and I already chatted with a virtual help person online yesterday and gave them specific examples. They said they would escalate this to engineers, but clearly the issue is Big. We pay too much money for issues in our service to come up like this, especially for it to be this widespread.