Message+: Turn off eGift and Stickers
jesta18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 with the curved screen.  I love the Smart Emoji feature that lets you change words to emojis when emojis are available.  Now, when I click the word and the options come up, the bar is dominated with these awful stickers which push the regular emojis into the curvature of my screen.  When I try to click on the plain emoji, no matter how hard I try, I keep accidentally hitting the eGift button which opens another screen that I have to close and then try again, etc etc etc.

So my question is, how do I turn off the eGift function so that will stop happening and, while I'm asking questions, how do I get rid of all these ugly stickers too?  Or, barring those options, is there a way to customize the emoji bar that comes up when you click on a word so that the regular emojis are in the middle of the screen and not in the curve where it is difficult to select it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+: Turn off eGift and Stickers
jesta18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found it!  All I had to do was stop using Message+ and use a completely different text messaging app that doesn't have these annoying stickers and eGift.  Yeah!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to have your keyboard set the way you want it, jesta18. I'm here to help. While the eGift button cannot be disabled because it's a built-in feature, you can stop the stickers by going into Messages + app > Menu (lines in upper left) > Settings > Notifications > Enable Emoji Reactions Notifications > Slide to turn off. For further support, refer to http://spr.ly/6584DFfiu. I hope this is beneficial.

Tracy_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

jesta18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I followed your instructions.  Nothing changed.  The Stickers remain and in the exact same place. 

jesta18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found it!  All I had to do was stop using Message+ and use a completely different text messaging app that doesn't have these annoying stickers and eGift.  Yeah!