Message+ Version 6.4.3 Notifications
scottywayne29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Question for any Verizon Samsung phone users (I have the Note 5): The Message+ app for text messaging seems to have a problem since its update today [(2/3/17) (Message+ Version 6.2.3)]. Most of the time, I will send a text message and leave my phone on the table to do other things until I get an audible notification that the person I sent a message to has replied while leaving the text message / chat screen open. Since the update, I no longer get an audible notification while in the text message / chat screen from the person I am texting, but I do get an audible notification from them if I back out of the text message / chat screen. So I have two options: 1) send a text and back out of the text message / chat screen every time I send a text or 2) visually check my phone every minute or so to see if I received a reply from the person I sent a message to. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for any input.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ Version 6.4.3 Notifications
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There's yet another update:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scottywayne29, thanks for reaching out to the community for help. Tikibar1 is totally correct. There was another notification released that may change that notifications issue for you. However, it may be the way the application works now. You can also check your notification settings by tapping the three lines in the top right of the Message + home screen, and tapping settings.

Please let us know if either option helps.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sbcoady35
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's still the same error 6.4.4. I find this extremely frustrating because I miss texts. It seems odd there would be no notifications when you are in the middle of the conversation. I am a UX Designer, and in my professional opinion, this is poor usability. Please change it.

0 Likes
ADIVCHIEF

I have a Note 5, with message plus issues also only mine won't even send texts to most people.  It just stays on sending all day if I leave it. But for 1 or 2 people, it goes right out.   

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have a note5 and found I had to remove the updates, disable the updating and for good measure I also disabled the messenger+ app in the application manager. I found the Samsung app in the Samsung folder, yellow envelope, works as long as the messenger+ app does not update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KISSATEK,

We are here to address the concerns with the Message+ application.

We have been working diligently on this app for all users as we understand how vital texting is.

Please make sure your Message+ app is on version 6.4.5

You may need to uninstall the app through the settings menu and attempt the reinstall.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your reply Tamera. I have been monitoring both this site as well as the playstore as the plain vanilla Samsung app and the lack of customisation has me a little lost as I try  to navigate my messages. I do appreciate the hard work that must be going into fixing the many issues. That said I do see where people continue to be  frustrated and frankly I can't afford to have issues during my workday. I will monitor the remarks but I have to be honest, it may come down to Kanvas. I find it to be a resource hog, awkward to use and  the majority of the images I send are business related requiring simple editing if any. I can see where having it as a second option or separate app may be fun at times but not worth the aggravation during daily use.

0 Likes
TERGIL83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got off the phone with Verizon Customer service and they admit that this is the way the app functions now....this is ridiculous to lose such a standard option as Sound Notifications for text if you are in the app!!!!!! Crazy engineers.

TERGIL83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue ....Verizon says that this is the way the app works now if you are still in it....see my comment below in this thread. I told them to lose such as basic function is unacceptable.

0 Likes