I totally agree. I am a User Experience Designer by trade, and this is

terrible usability. Either Verizon does not have UX, or their UX didn't do

their research into how people normally use the app. I am tempted to switch

to something else. Maybe if enough of us protest, they will change it. It's

totally unacceptable.

Re: Message+ Version 6.4.3 Notifications
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am in the tech field as well sbcoady35 and often deal with people who simply don't like change . That is not the case with me and I get the feeling that decisions made once upon a time have taken precedence in determining  the functions of the app.   While some are excited about the new features those who use this app for business will seek out the one fitting their needs. I too played with snapchat, for about 15 minutes. Sometimes these changes we see around us are just not practical.

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi TERGIL83, interesting. Guess something had to give to make room for all the fluff. Thank you for the update. It is a shame really, this app was really all I knew and worked just as I needed it to. That is no longer.

sbcoady35
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with that, Kissatek. A lot of these conventions, made possible by

the technology, but not good for human psychology, make it into apps today.

Human psychology doesn't change as fast as technology.

The problem with Message+ now is it DID change. It changed to not notify

you of an incoming text when you are still in the conversation. I can't

tell you how many texts I've missed since the update.

KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

In a world where you can multitask on your phone as well as between devices. Hmmm, isn't the one key feature bouncing between devices?

0 Likes
Skwerl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Note 5 and had to roll back to the factory version Message+ which worked until yesterday. Thats when message started to force close everytime I tried to send a txt, and forget getting a notification- that was the 1st thing to go.

I chose to roll back because I could attach pics from my gallery, update 6.4.3, 6.4.4 and 6.4.5 made sure of that.

When the factory message+ crapped out yesterday I reverted to the Samsung app. Its bare bones, but you'll get notified when a text comes and you can attach pics with text again.

I blame the chicanery on Kanvas/Yelp. Not to mention the gigantic data security issue created by the Glympse/profile addition.

KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizons purchases of kanvas and yahoo will likely result in these additions not going away anytime soon, very unfortunate. I do question what app their corporate folks are using  , maybe they could advise us