Message+ Version - How to update?
dougschoenherr
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I have the same phones (Motorola Droid Z Play), got them at the same time, have done the same updates when they become available. We both use the Verizon Message+ app to send text messages. At some point, her phone updated the Message+ app to version 6.5.2 (with a round icon). My phone is still running version 6.4.42 (with square icon) and I am not being upgraded. I have gone to the Play Store and I am not being offered an update when I check on the app. My only options are to "open" the app, or to "uninstall" it. I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall (which would then lose all my archived message conversations with my contacts).

There are additional emoji's available in her version that do not exist in mine, so when she sends me a message with one of those emoji's, I get a little box with an "X" inside instead of the message she is trying to convey to me.

Is there a way to force the upgrade of the Verizon Message+ App on my device to match the version my wife is running on the same type of phone and not lose my archive of conversations with contacts?

Labels (1)
Re: Message+ Version - How to update?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Could be there was a small window where Message+ 6.5.2 was released and retracted. Some devices may have received the update in that small window, which has closed and the version is no longer available.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
katim_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want you to enjoy your apps and the features just as much as you do, SCHOENHERR. There may have been a pause on the update as mentioned. Any updates available will be available via the Playstore. Aside from not having the same emojis, what additional concerns are you having with the app?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
missepcola
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having a similar issue. I have the Samsung S8 and I've checked both the play store and the phone for possible updates to this app and there are none. However, my bf now has an option for stickers under his emoji's and I do not. He has the droid moto. What is the difference? Why is there not an update?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important you have the latest and greatest updates for your apps, missepcola. The playstore will provide you with the most up to date version of the app. Different phones may have different capabilities and options available for emojis. What is your current software version for the Message+ app? Does your boyfriend have any third party apps downloaded for emojis? 

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

missepcola,

I'm appalled to hear that you're having issues with your Message+ app. I know it's vital to have the latest version of the application, so you have the best experience. I'll be happy to help. Have you tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it?  

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
missepcola
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have checked the app store for an update and there isn't one. I have Message+ version 6.5.3. He has no third party apps installed. I do not want to uninstall and reinstall because I do not want to lose my messages that I have. He has version 6.6.1. How come I cannot update?

djstudley
Enthusiast - Level 1

My family noticed the same thing. Two of us were automatically updated to 6.6.2 with stickers while the third phone is still on 6.5.3. The Play Store still shows 6.5.3 as the most current version. How did we get 6.6.2 and is there any way for us to get it on the third phone.

dadxfour
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can someone from Verizon please offer a real answer beside reinstalling? No one here wants the hassle of losing contacts and message history.

I have a family of five on Samsung S7's and we are seeing this same behavior.  One kid got the update over a week ago, I got it a couple days ago; others are still waiting.

My wife would love the new version, but when she logs into the play store, the only version displayed is 6.5.3 (and there is no option to update).  When I go to the play store, I see version 6.6.2.  What is really going on here?

AJH18
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same issue with s8. Would not update to version 6.6.2. In the app store.

Use this link to download the latest version.

Or just search for the latest 6.6.2 ans you will find same.

https://m.apkpure.com/verizon-messages/com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs