Message+ Web App Log Out Time
cbrock0403

How long does the Message+ Web App take to log out if you do not log yourself out?  I forgot to log out somewhere & I was shocked to see that I was still logged in when I went back hours later.   Thankfully, it's not a very public computer, but would someone had to have kept me logged in?  Since I use Message+ on my phone, is this why it stayed logged in?  That is a scary thought to think that someone could have read my private conversations.  Granted, I should have been more cautious, however, shouldn't there be an automatic log out for the web app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ Web App Log Out Time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cbrock0403, we are so glad to see that your account was not compromised at all. I totally understand your concern with privacy. When you log into any account using a computer it will stay logged in unless you log out or the computer is set to auto erase account information after a certain amount of idle time. Also, be careful when logging in. Underneath the password login there is normally a box that says "keep me logged in". You want to uncheck that. We do not log you out of the account automatically, because we don't know if it is a personal computer or not.

Are there any other questions or concerns regarding this?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Message+ Web App Log Out Time
Grommie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contrary perspective: I work on my laptop all day. I use the Messaging Web App (when it's working, which it hasn't been for the last 5 days... but that's on other threads...) all day long. I find it INCREDIBLY ANNOYING that the thing times out at very short intervals of no use, like about 5 or 10 minutes, it seems. Or when the IP of my computer changes (becuase, e.g., I got to a different meeting room, or switch from one network to my MiFi, etc.). Or after my computer has been put to sleep and re-awakes. I end up needing to login about 10 - 20 times a day and it drives me flippin' nuts!!! Can we get this timeout to be adjustable, just for the Messaging Web App?

Feel free to contact me with questions; I'm happy to work through the user stories with a product manager (I'm also a tech product manager).

0 Likes