Re: Message+ Windows PC app Broken
Jbonn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue and running the most updated version of the app. I think the issue started with a big windows update a few weeks ago, or an adroid update (I have the most updated version on Pixel 3 as of august 19, 2019). I can text but I don't get texts. BUT, I do get texts from people using the Verizon Messenging app (at least from my wife; she's the only one I know for sure using the messenging app on her phone). So it could be a bug where the app is not syncing unless the sender is using Verizon Messages. Hopefully a fix is coming soon.

0 Likes
Numbskull

Same issue exactly.   I recently upgraded to Windows latest on 8/15/19.  Windows messenger recieved its last text about that same time.  

0 Likes
MikeLnrd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know if Verizon has admitted it yet, but the problem is at their end. I had Message+ working fine for years on three PCs and recently they all stopped working at the same time. Two are in my home and one is at my office, so my networking is not the issue. None of them have taken any updates from Microsoft (they are not even installed from the Microsoft Store--I'm using version 1.0.17.0, originally downloaded from Verizon's website), so an update didn't break it. Uninstalling/Reinstalling or disconnecting/reconnecting device does not resolve the issue. All messages sync up to August 11 and nothing after that. Sending messages from the app do not get sent (neither delivered nor appear in my Messages app on my phone). So, until they figure out what they broke at their end and fix it, we'll have to just use their web version of the app.

bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Generally speaking, Verizon Support is not helping, just the same canned responses over and over again.

The app does not work on a PC anymore.  In my case it worked fine till August 9th.

Nothing, and I mean nothing Verizon support offers fixes the problem.

There are several/many threads with thousands of views.

Unless a robot is running Verizon support, one has to assume Verizon knows about the problem.  Yet NOTHING of substance has been forthcoming.

Abysmal support...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand how frustrating that would be. What Windows Operating System are you running? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

C'mon @vzw_customer_support , @BrittanyC_VZW  doesn't your group have some kind of 'heads up' communication on 'known issues' that you have at your fingertips?  If you've read posts on this issue, it doesn't matter what OS is being used.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand your concern, and we assure you our intention is to help you in the best way possible to use the Message+ application. When was the last time you were able to send a text message via your PC? Is there a particular reason why you don't send them from your mobile device? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
endofelliott
Enthusiast - Level 1

@rachelm_vzw, if you were reading the messages, you'd see that EVERYONE is saying they can SEND messages from the PC app -- it's receiving them that is broken. 

As to why we want to use the Windows app -- I work at a desk and need to respond to hundreds of texts each day. Yeah, busy. I prefer to do that from my Window app so I can more quickly type the messages, and cut and paste parts of text threads to other locations. But, in the end, why does it matter why we want to use the app? You supply it (thanks, it used to be GREAT!), and you need to address why everyone is suddenly not able to receive with it. 

Thanks!

teh29
Enthusiast - Level 1

For those using Windows and Android, I am starting to use the Microsoft Your Phone app. First blush is very good. 

bigter
Enthusiast - Level 1

Downloaded Your Messages (MS). Immediately synced my messages. No more VZ Support!