Re: Message+ Windows PC app Broken
gartmann
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tip. The MS phone companion has a few drawbacks the VZ messages had. No extra phone notification/app running in background. Your text read on your laptop don't get marked as read on your phone. The MS version does allow you to access your phone pictures too.

MPiscio
Enthusiast - Level 1

@GD0405 bottom line is your W10 app is broken and has been for some time.  You all are aware of it, you've had enough user feedback to tell you that.  How about just fixing it and stop asking questions?

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We certainly understand your concern, and we assure you our intention is to help you in the best way possible to use the Message+ application. When was the last time you were able to send a text message via your PC? Is there a particular reason why you don't send them from your mobile device? 

Michael J Pisciotta
lauriecorrin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your Messages is working for me so far. Glad to be rid of Message+, its many bugs and lack of support. Give it a try!

bkuhl
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI and FWIW,

Web Message interface does not send for me, and I only recieve once I clic on the refresh icon. Hope it works better for you. I'm highly considering a different provider as I'm more than fed up with the level of [read as: lack of] support recieved from Verizon ever since they started the focus on 5G development.

Jbonn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the Your Phone app works well most of the time. Sometimes it struggles to sync properly but it's a fine temporary option (assuming Verizon eventually fixes their app).

BTW, I received this private message from a Verizon customer service rep:

"I know how important it is to have this program working with your computer. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers are able to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/  The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution."

This message demonstrates how clueless their people are (bad training?). Saying it's not compatible with Win 10 is a poor statement considering we've been using this app on Win 10 for years. AND, it CURRENTLY WORKS with people that are using the Messenger App on their phone. I can add screenshots to prove this.

bagale

I'm having same issues. I uninstalled thinking I could reinstall as this has fixed in the past a few times. However; this time since I run a Windows 7 platform it won't let me download and reinstall. From my readings the minimum requirement is now Windows 10. So until I update to 10 it is done for me. Windows will stop servicing 7 in Jan/Feb 2020.

0 Likes
paulcamner
Enthusiast - Level 1

The PC app stopped syncing last week for me. I just read this entire thread. I've been using and frustrated with this slow old technology app for years. I do 90% of my texting from the desk top so it matters. Dont ask me to uninstall, re-install, what kind of system bla bla. This isnt an individula issue.  Can somone at Verizon, the most expensive Cell phone company in the world simnply update this app. Call Microsoft, do what you have to do so the app works properly on all platforms across all devices. Syncing isnt new technology. So, please fix it, and send an e-mail or somehing to all usersa when its odne with instructions of how to update the app. It might cost you .00000001% of what you make in 10 seconds as a company but please fix it and stop putting us all off. 

Thank you! 

jmstark
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue for me. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. The PC app doesn't sync on Windows 10. You can't reach anybody on this topic through Chat. It's really frustrating. Obviously many others are having same issue. VERIZON CAN YOU PLEASE GET THIS garbage FIXED?

cd0103
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine worked until this morning and now is not syncing.  So very frustrating.

I am giving this until Sept 1 and then will cancel my Message + service.

pzuckermanaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Windows Desktop App stopped syncing properly last week. Doesn't sync with the server to show recent incoming/outgoing messages. I can tell in the Messages+ web app that the messages on the server match the ones on my phone. Chatted with Support three times. All three times, Tech confirmed it's a known issue. I hope someone from Support reads this to let all of us users who regularly use Message+ on our PC's something about when this will be fixed and how we should address it when it is. The Microsoft Store does not show a version date, so there's no way to tell if we have the most recent version installed when they finally fix this. This seems to be the only place I've found to check on this particular issue.