Re: Message+ Windows PC app still Broken HELP PLEEEEESE! Verizon is blockin receiving s on my PC!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Barry_LL, do you have a windows 10 computer?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Message+ Windows PC app still Broken HELP PLEEEEESE! Verizon is blockin receiving s on my PC!
Barry_LL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello StephannieP_VZW,

Yes.  But it had been working for quite some time on Win 10.

Also it's Message+ on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge which I've had for years.

(I note a poster last month said it was broken on Win 10 but only showed Message not Message+, but they did show Message+ being broken on Win 7 as well.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Barry_LL,

We sincerely appreciate your patience and that of all in this thread while we continue to work on resolving the sync issues between Message+ and Windows 10. We’ve suspended the app from use on the Windows 10 platform while we work on the solution. In the meantime, if texting from a PC is necessary, we recommend using the web feature http://spr.ly/66041yQkA. Please tell us more about what’s happening with the Message+ app on your Galaxy S7 Edge.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Barry_LL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello GeorgeS_VZW,

I really appreciate that this is actively being worked on!!

FYI as far as I can see, the app has not been "suspended", it is still doing what it has been doing.  Also I think that I previously explained, I was using the web feature, until this app came partially back.  The web feature has other issues that make me not want to use it.

As to what is currently happening:  Both the web feature and the PC app have the same problem, which is that when I send a message, it never shows up in Message+ on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone as having been sent from me.  Therefore my phone ends up having only 1/2 of conversations.  I text from the web feature or app, a person replies to me, and I only see their reply.  This previously worked perfectly, for many years!

[Starting some months ago and up until several weeks ago, the PC app had ceased from syncing entirely -- while the web feature would work except it had the bug that I just described.]

Barry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the added details, Barry_LL. You’ve described perfectly the very function of the app and web interface that we’re working on. After all, there’s not much good in seeing half-conversations. We know how essential it is that we repair the sync function, so that it flawlessly integrates all messages as it was originally designed to do. If we hear any news, we’ll be sure to get it put in here.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Barry_LL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi GeorgeS_VZW,

I was really hopeful that as there was finally attention being given to this, I would soon see a fix.  However nothing has changed in the month or so since I most recently brought this up again.  Is there any hope? Any estimate?

Thanks, Barry

0 Likes
How to fix Message+ Windows PC!
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Support,

Please pass this info to the programming team for Messages Plus.

I have been trying to use Your Phone on Windows 10 as a replacement for Messages Plus but with not much sucess.  What I have found is that other apps (Mail, Photos, Feedback) suffer the same problem as Messages Plus.  The problem seems to be that the Windows UWP system is suspending the execution of these apps almost right after opening.  Once suspended, they can not keep syncing and are then useless.

The only way around this, I am told, is to recode as stand-alone program and make sure that the program is not suspended as the UWP apps all are.  UWP is for apps that are not "realtime" in nature.

Take Messages Plus back to stand-alone please and the problems will be cured.

I don't want to hear from Support other than they passed this info to the programmers.  

AMEN!

RONC

Barry_LL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Though it has been a very long time, and worse there was practically no communication, it appears that this problem is now fixed. 

First clue was that all the messages (well for most of my contacts, for possibly that 90 day maximum backup window) were duplicated on my phone.  What a huge pain, I had to manually delete the duplicates.  [The same stupidity happened when I tried to do a restore on my phone, because of the other problem I reported, where I had messages deleted.. Verizon told me to try and Restore from the Cloud, that it would really restore more than the 90 days worth... Instead it only restored 90 days worth, and I now had duplicates of everything.  Arghh... but I digress.]

Anyway it seems that messages are now correctly syncing between my Samsung S7 phone and the Windows 10 PC app Verizon Messages app.  I did install the most current/recently released update to the Verizon Messages (Message+) on my phone (Dec 27, 2019, Version 6.9.11), maybe the fix was there.

In any event, Happy New Year to me!  Thanks to whomever was involved in fixing it, and fingers crossed it stays that way forever more!!!

0 Likes
Re: Message+ Windows PC app still Broken
ChuckG2
Enthusiast - Level 2

No one at Verizon listens to costumers complaints about the app not working on their computer, so they put a web-page version up and think that's solving the problem and it isn't.  Interestingly enough, I have a Windows 10 desktop that I managed to get the app to work on, and it does a reasonably good job of staying current.  Can't find the same app to download onto my laptop so I'm thinking I might just copy the executable from the desktop?  LOL!  At any rate, just goes to show you the level of interest in customer satisfaction.

Re: Message+ Windows PC app still Broken
AbeM
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHAT A SHAME  ON VERIZON! ! it has been over 6 months since they took down and stopped their PC message+ app and NOTHING!! 10's of discussions on this topic with 100's of comments from customers who pay high rates for verizon service to be well served are complaining about this issue and NOTHING!! no updates, no estimate for a new release and they just let us wait! we need back the option of texting using the comfort of a computer keaboard and there is no reason in the world that it should take such a long time! Verizon has the ability to get this done within weeks and now after over an half year we are still at the same point because NOBODY CARES! they are focusing on things that they could use for advertising and to build themselves like 5G but we the customers are left behind! PLEASE PLEASE VERIZON we are all waiting to see this service back ASAP! Dont respond with some lovely message how you love your customers or something like that, just take action and do whats in your hand to get this message where it has to get, i dont think that the CEO or some other executive are reading this posts so they really dont care about us, but at least whoever in the Verizon team does read it please make sure it gets somewhere and maybe we should try to send emails to everyone possible they should wake up and take care of it, Thank You!